Chapter 14

Tuesday January 7th, 2003

"I like History but I found it really boring today." I shuffled through my bag for my pen.

"I found it rather interesting." He lifted my notebook to revel my pen.

"Ah, thank you! Really you did?"

"Yes."

"Sorry, my brother here, is a history addict." Rosalie place her hands on his shoulders, motioning to Jasper who looked annoyed.

"I have reason to be. The past made us who we are. We should learn from it."

"Do you guys think George Washington really stopped in the middle of the war to return the enemies dog?"

"What?" His eyebrows knitted.

Rosalie's laugh filled the hallways, boys stared at her, wide-eyes and blushed cheeks. She had that reaction towards everyone.

"Do girls see Jasper like that as well?"

"That's what the Internet said. It would have been so cool and so nice of him to do that."

"Don't trust everything you see." Rosalie stopped and leaned in. Her arms wrapped around my upper back as she gave me a quick hug.

"We will see you during lunch or after school." Her perfume lingered as she let go.

"I need to ask her what perfume she wears. It smells so nice."

"I'll see you in P.E." Jasper side smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Not if I see you first."

~

"She's so weird. She told me to wear a sweater when I go to Port Angeles?! How does she know I am going there? Is she stalking me or something?"

"Oops, Sorry that was me. We were talking about plans for the weekend so I told her."

"Oh! Really?! Oh good. I thought she was stalking me." Her worried expression slowly disappeared.

I laughed. "It's because Alice is one of a kind! Now come on we don't want to be late to our next class."

"Maybe we should invite her next time. It would be nice to be friends and show her around." Angela suggested.

"That would be nice. She seems to have a good style."  Jessica agreed.

"How did Alice know we were going to Port Angeles?"

~

My shoes squeaked as I raced towards my class. I completely forgot my class was at the other side of the school. I know it was a small school but my mind wondered about Alice.

"I can't believe I am going to be late!"

I slowed down as I reached the door. I entered the classroom, trying to catch my breathe and making it seem like I wasn't running. I noticed everyone was still talking.