Chapter 16

Wednesday January 15th, 2003
(A week later)

The rain finally stopped, today was a beautiful day, the suns' warmth finally got to shine through the now thin clouds. Everyone on campus was so happy. Crazy what a some amount of sunshine could do.

We sat on a bench outside of school, enjoy the warmth for we knew that it might be there tomorrow. I enjoyed my lunch as I glanced across the field to see the boys chasing each other and laughing, all three forgetting to eat.

Jessica sighed for the 5th time, an indirect message to ask her what's wrong without having to tell us. I wanted to ignore it but as she signed one more time, I caved in.

"What's wrong?" I asked, taking a bite of my lunch.

"I haven't seen Edward today. Or any of his siblings?" Her lips pouted. She stabbed her salad with her fork.

"Maybe Edward is sick?" Angela suggested.

"I dressed all nice so he could see what I looked like without my huge winter coat."

"That's why she's upset? Unbelievable."

"Maybe Edward ditched?"

"But all of them?"

"Okay, we need a code name or something. There is only one Edward in this and I don't want people overhearing our conversation." Jessica leaned in to whisper to us.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, something we can say out loud and it won't sound weird."

"What about books?"

"No."

"Or cds?"

"That's nice but something else."

"Batman!"

Jessica glared at me.

"What?"

"Really? I don't know a darn clue about Batman. Besides it would bring unwanted guests if we talked about him." Jessica discreetly pointed to her left, I followed it and a group of boys were looking at us.

"What about 'The Hair'?" Jessica suggested

"That's a good one!" I laughed

"Okay 'The Hair' it is then."

"I still think Batman is better."
~

"Hey guys I'm home!" I shouted.

"(Y/N)!! Guess what I made!?" Heather yelled from the kitchen.

I set my backpack on the sofa making my way toward the small argument my aunt and Heather were having.

"Don't put so much! Remember it's bad for you."

"It's not for me! Don't touch it, you'll ruin it!"

"Hey what's up?" I greeted Heather. She spun around in her chair and revealed what she was cradling in her hands.

"Look I what made you!"

In her small hands slowly opened up, in them there was a Victorian necklace made out of dough. Red, green and blue sprinkles of all different shapes covered each gem in their respective color.

"Wow that's so beautiful! Thank you Heather! You're very talented!" I gently took the dough necklace and placed it on the baking tray.

"I know you want to go check out those scary old churches so I thought I'd make you something that's actually old and pretty like a necklace." Scrunching her nose as she described the gothic cathedrals she so much disliked.

"I don't know why you like them. They are just old buildings. What if they crumple on you?"

I laughed. "The things that run through your mind Heather."

"Don't laugh at me, when you're trapped inside a castle, don't even look at me." I watched as she wheeled away to the living.

I chuckled and helped clean up the mess as my aunt put the trays in the oven. The front door slammed followed by the sound of paper falling. I peaked toward the front door. My mom was hanging her coat, piles of folders scattered the floor.

"I got it!"

"Oh thank you so much sweetie."

I grabbed as many papers as I could, stacking them in a neat pile, skimming through the names written on the papers, a last name caught my eyes as I returned the papers to her; Cullen.

"How was work mom?"

She sat down as my aunt brought her a glass of water and some soup. She thanked her as she fixed her hair bun.

"It was pretty hectic. Dr. Cullen called in today, he left everything in order. That was so kind of him."

"Dr. Cullen didn't go to work today? Isn't it too early for him to miss work?" My aunt asked the question I had been wanting to ask.

"Also the Cullen's didn't go to school?"

"Not really. His wife comes in during lunch and they go to eat together. He did say that when the sun is out they all like to go hiking and camp out since the sun doesn't come out a lot. They have a lot of families activities.  I think it's nice that they have family activities." She smiled down at her soup.

"We should do that mom." I smiled

"Nice try."

"Missing a few days of school won't kill me."

"True but it's still a no."

Her phone dinged indicating a new message has come in. I watched as she a small smile made its way to her lips, she discreetly tried to cover it with her hands.

"Could it be her date?"

A loud squeal scared me half to death "Oh my gosh! Is it him?!" My aunt moved so fast across the kitchen to the dinning table where my mom sat. "What did he say?! Tell me!!"

"Him?"

"Nothing, he's just wishing me a good day." My mom shrugged as she quickly replied back, locking her phone and finishing her soup up.

"Him? Who is he?!"

"I am going to go take a shower." My mom walked away ignoring my questions. I glared at my aunt "In time she will tell you. Just know that he's amazing." She sang

"This is not over! I will find out!" I yelled at her.

⚰️

*:.. End of Chapter..:*