The Other Side

Zach:

Isa looked devastated, I don't know what hit her so strongly.

As soon as everyone entered she looked at Mark with teary eyes.

"What's it mom? What did he do?", Mark said clenching his fist

"After Andrea was born we bought this cottage at the border of our pack, it was a peaceful area and I hid it from the other witches and spelled it to make it our own safe house. No one knows about this cottage except Thomas and me, this was my last hope.", she sighed, "Never had I imagined he would use this place to keep my own children captive", by now she had tears in her eyes.

"Save my daughters alpha", she said looking at me.

I felt heartbroken.

"How far is this place?", I asked her

"Ten minutes in your wolf forms."

I looked at the clock it was three, we had exactly an hour before Thomas would go to the cottage.

"Nic get the pack fighters ready, Mark tell someone of your pack fighters to follow Thomas"

"Yes alpha", they said leaving the room.

"Claire stay back with Isa and Marie and take care of the pack, the rest of us are going"

"Ok alpha"

"Zach I am coming", Isa said

"But it's not safe and you can't use your powers inside the cottage", I tried convincing her to stay back.

"But I can help you outside the cottage, you don't know how many wolves he has under him", she stated her point.

Her stubbornness reminds me of Andrea.

"Fine, Mark will take you there"

"Alpha I might not be a wolf but I am a witch", she said with a smirk. I raised my eyebrow asking her the meaning.

"I will teleport myself, you see I am faster than you", she said with a small smile.

"Ok"

"Ash we will follow our general pattern of fight, two rows of fighters, one lead by the head worrier and the other by his junior. None of us will be in the front line but we will be ready to attack when required. Nic will keep a look on the battlefield from a heightened place and accordingly give instructions."

"Yes alpha", he nodded while filling Nic with the information.

Many people thing alpha standing behind and not fighting is a sign of cowardice but sometimes brains are needed more than muscle power. When we do a planned activity the three rows are lead by Ashton, Nic, and me but this time the scenario was different.

We didn't know the place nor the force, so while the first set of troops would distract them we get our time to plan and change formations and the main object today was to rescue people than to win.

As soon as Mark informed us that Thomas had left their packhouse, we took our wolves forms and started in the direction given by Isa, while she said she would meet us there.

"Zach, there are more than fifty rogues but they are using something to hide their smell", Mark mind linked me

"Ok"

"Jamie", I mind linked my head worrier

"Yes alpha"

"More than fifty rogues, don't show any mercy and attack, don't play defensive. Tell the second row to do defense"

"Got it alpha"

"Amy"

"Zach", she sighed

" I am coming, be safe", I said as calmly as I could

"Hmmm"

"You know what to do"

"Yup, stay safe Zachy", she said closing the mind link

We stopped a kilometer before the battlefield.

The rogues were large in number but untrained, Nic got up a tree to get a clear view.

"Zach Thomas is standing at the end in human form", Nic informed me

I change to my human form and went to Isa after putting on an emergency pair of shorts.

"Can you teleport yourself to the other end and find a hiding place?", I questioned her

"I can teleport one more person with me", she replied

"Jamie do you need help?", I asked my head worrier though I was sure he didn't, there was a blood river of the rogues in front of me.

"No alpha, the situation is under control"

"Ok kill them all and wait outside I am going on the other side. Come only if I ask for help", I instructed him

"Ok alpha"

" I am coming with you", I said looking at Isa. She nodded and held my hand, soon we were behind a tree on the other side of the field.

Thomas stood there with a smirk on his face and a silver knife in his hands, it was like this is what he planned for.

I mind linked the others to come over.

Soon Mark and I transformed into our wolves and leaped in front of him.

He looked bewildered, he had expected us to be distracted by the rogues but we had the lady who knew every inch of him, she was the one who told us how much he loved playing with our eyes and keep us away from the real target.

I snarled at him, his eyes widened in fear but then suddenly a scream came from the end of the battlefield as we turned he ran inside.

Shit, we feel for his petty trick.

_______________________________

A/N: Next update coming up soon...