Forced to leave

Amber:

Xander and I looked cluelessly at each other and then we realised the shit got real and dropped our plates on a nearby table and walked towards their room.And just before Beth could close the door Xander put his right foot between the doors, "Bethy I am sorry", he said holding his ears with a guilty face, she had tears in her eyes.

"How could you two be so insensitive?", she replied crying as she walked over and sat on the bed with her face in her palms.

Xander went and pulled her closed and I went and sat on the other side, I couldn't just leave I surely had hurt her feelings.She looked up at me and pulled me into a hug, I hugged her back.

"I shouldn't have said that I'm sorry", she muttered out crying, "you are like my little sister Amy I shouldn't have said that Zach won't hurt you, he is a nice guy trust me", she continued

"Beth it's ok, I am sorry I was too insensitive about the situation"

"Forgiven" she replied pulling out from the hug and clearing her face.

"Group hug", I shouted opening my arms and both Beth and Zander squeezed the life out of me. They were the only family I had all these years I could do anything to make them happy and keep them safe.

Soon we realised our missed breakfast and lunch due to the day's drama and therefore Beth went down and warmed a plate of leftovers for each of us and then the day went by as we played pillow fight and then Zander left for some business and Beth and I chatted.I told her all about Zach and the university and everything and she supported me on the fact that I should open up to Zach.

In the evening Xander didn't return till dinner, Beth, Cami, and I had our dinner together as Xavier had gone with Xander for the meeting and Beth offered to drive me home. Cami wanted to come along but we didn't want her to be out in the woods at night and therefore after wishing her goodnight Beth and I left.

Beth dropped me to my place and I told her to text me once she reached back. I knew she was able to look out for herself but she was family. Once home I showered and got ready for bed with Zach's laptop as I thought I would scroll through the course. Then the realisation hit me I hadn't called or texted him all day.I quickly took out my phone and text Zach.

Me: Hey!

Zach: Hi, How was your day?

Me: Good. I went over to Xander's. Wbu? How was the meeting?

Zach: It went well. I have got to inform you of something. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Me: Ok. I am sleepy. Good night.

Zach: Good night. Take care. Call me if you need anything

Me: Sure <3