Chapter 34: Sweet revenge

"In love, you loosened yourself like seawater." -Pablo Neruda

Elsie POV

"How long are you going to lock me in this villa?" I walked to the demon that was busy soaking himself in the pool. I sat at the edge of the pool and dug my legs in the pool while he swam from side to side of the pool.

"How long you want to be here?" He answered my question with a question. I rolled my eyes at him irritably.

"I don't want to be here at all," I confessed while my eyes followed his movement in the pool.

"Then I will decide how long we will spend our time here." He said swimming towards me. He locked my legs with his arms while he was still floating in the water.

"Move away from me, I don't want to get wet," I warned him not planning to get drench in the water. I pushed him but he locked my legs with his strong arms which were covered with tattoos. He rested his chin on my knee while staring at me adorably.

"Push me again and I will pull you down with me." He raised his brows, warned me which I believe he will do as he said so I decided to play safe.

"I don't want to talk to you." I seethed, looking away from him.

"I know you are angry with me and I hurt you back there at the mansion. I was a jerk by asking you to leave the mansion and told you about the replacement. It was a lie. I didn't hire anyone. No one can ever replace you." He explained.

"I think this was a lie." I chided, eyeing the surroundings but not at him. I really want to kick him away and stop this conversation.

"No, you know this is not a lie. Why would I trouble myself flipping the whole city to look for you? I got other things to do if you mean nothing to me." He was firm with his explanation but deep inside it still hurt.

"It doesn't matter. I already forgot everything that happened between us. I only remembered that you asked me to leave everything behind and that was what I'm doing right now. So why bother to disturb my life now?"

"It was a mistake. I was stupid to hurt you like that but trust me I did that for your safety. I want to protect you."

"Protect me? You hurt me!" This time I glared at him. The memory still fresh and sometimes it plays like a show in my head. It won't stop reminding me about the pain. If he knows how much I wanted to erase the memory, he won't enter my life anymore.

"I'm sorry, okay? I know I was wrong. I shouldn't be defeated with provocation. I want to correct my mistake. Give me a chance." He pleaded. I could feel his sincerity. Well, it wasn't easy for an arrogant man to apologize.

"Not everyone deserved a second chance and not everything can be amended with an apology." He sighed with my cold statement. I don't care if I hurt him. Well, he should experience what I had gone through.

"What can I do to gain forgiveness?" He placed his hand on my chin and makes me look at him. I kept my mouth shut and shrugged my shoulder as a reply.

"Love, talk to me. Please." I never imagined a mafia could really plead like this.

"Is this one of your habits, calling every girl around you as love? Don't call me that." I slapped his hand away from my chin and crossed my hand on my chest.

"Have you ever seen any girls around me except Andrea?" He queried.

"That is not my business and it doesn't matter," I said in a monotone.

"Really, it doesn't matter?" A smug smile appeared on his lips. I wonder what inside his mind right now.

"I think you need to cool down a bit right now." He added with a naughty smile. I knitted my eyebrows tried to figure out his next action but I was too late before he pulled my body with him into the water. The water splashed due to the sudden force. I was completely soaked from head to toe. I coughed and wiped my face that got wet because of him.

"What are you doing?!" I yelped in frustration. I clearly told him I don't want to get wet.

"To cool you down," he said with a smirk. I growled in the middle of the pool and splashed him with the water which was no use as he seems to enjoy it.

"You just asked for my forgiveness and yet you added one more thing in the list that makes me pissed off." I snarled.

"Nah, I realized I need to cool you down first before talk some sense to you." He laughed at my reaction that looks funny to him.

Just wait, I will make him begs for my forgiveness and I promise I wouldn't make it easy.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤