Chapter 31: Running away from him

"Thinking of you is a poison I drink often." -Atticus

Elsie POV

"Lucas, hurry up. We need to go before they notice us," I urged him to drive the car away from my place. He quickly drove away from there and I turned my head to the back to make sure no one was following us. We got this idea last night after brainstorming on the phone for one hour. Now, the mission starts for real which is running away from the mafia. In three hours' time, we will be out of the city for good. At least, we can enjoy our time without any distractions. Ridiculous distraction, if I might add.

"Is this really safe? What if his men notice this and report this to him? He will kill me. Don't you remember last night how he showed us the gun?" I could understand his worries.

"We will be safe when we arrive there. Don't worry, I don't think they notice about me." I said, showing him the outfit that clutched onto my body. I wore a big loose black jacket that covered all my body which I paired it with a black pant, black cap, and round glasses. I confirmed that they won't even notice me in this outfit since they can barely see my face.

"Why you need to run away from him? He just said that he wanted to talk to you." He keeps speeding on the road.

"Nothing that I want to talk to him anymore. He kicked me out and finds a replacement while I'm still at the mansion. I remember his last word to forget about everything that related to him and I'm doing what he asked me to." The memory and his hurtful words still fresh in my mind. Sometimes, it still does its job to hurt me likes cutting flesh with a knife, a sharp knife. I won't allow myself to get hurt for the second time.

"Maybe I should correct you, what you are doing right now is running away, not forgetting about him. I'm sure that mafia of yours still running inside your mind and I knew it almost drives you crazy, right?" He chuckled at his own remark.

"I should ask him to shoot you last night," I cursed.

"Oh, look at this mafia's girl," he chided, giggled like a kid.

"That won't happen."

"If I was you, I won't run away from him. He looks so hot with his muscle, perfect height, and bonus point that eye-catching tattoo that covered his arm. He looks delicious. Yummy!" He makes a kissing sound which earned a slap from me on his arm.

"Really, Lucas? At this time? This is not the time to flirt. We are in the mission of saving our lives." I reminded him.

"Well, we won't be in danger if we didn't start this mission. Why on earth did I agree with your childish plan? Or, should I send you to him so he will spare me a life?" He pretended to be in deep thought.

"Do it and I will tell him that you want to kidnap me and let's see who he chooses to trust?" He turned his head to me, shocked by my badass side.

"I can see that you learn a lot from your mafia man." He rolled his eyes irritably which caused me to grin in satisfaction. I'm wondering how he will react when he found out that I wasn't in the city anymore. He won't kill his people that guarded outside my place, right?

On the other hand, I can't imagine what he would do if he really found me. What was the consequence that he was talking about? I quickly get rid of it from my mind as I don't think that will happen. I'm a few kilometers away from the city, impossible for him to find me here.

But, he is the mafia that can do anything. My inner voice spat.

Dexter POV

I sent a text to Elsie this morning about the location that we will meet today but the text was undelivered. I tried to call her and resulted in the operator answering the call. She turned off her phone. Sensing something wrong with this, I immediately called my men and their answer made me growl in frustration.

"Say that again." I scolded my men that informed me that they can't trace Elsie in her condo. How can a woman escape from the sight of two guards? They never left the place yet she managed to run away.

"We are sorry, boss." He apologized for his ridiculous mistake. If it was before I met Elsie, I might give him a severe punishment for a mistake like this but it changed when she stepped into my world. She changed the temper in me, just like the water that cools down the fire.

"Find her. Call me first when you found her. Collect more men to search for her. I don't care what method you guys will do. If you need to flip the whole city, just do it and get her to me in 24 hours." I commanded firmly. I won't let her run away from me easily. She will pay for this, I will make sure of that.

You messed with the wrong person, love!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤