Chapter 14: Vincent

I thought about this song while writing this chapter and I also ship Tododeku. Enjoy!

    I thought that while we were out, Jesse was going to badger me about why I can't do the presentation. But what he did instead scared me even more, he just strutted into the store that held my interest with all of its feminine glory.

   I didn't know what to do. By the time I realized what he was doing,  it was too late to stop him, and I knew I wasn't going inside for fear of being tempted of what lied inside. I sat for ten minutes eating the remnants of my sandwich and five more when I was done until Jesse came out with a small bag. And I honestly don't know what to think.

"Here, I picked what I thought you would look nice in." He says while thrusting the bag in my direction but I don't take it. "Why would I want that?" I ask trying to mask the nervous joy that I'm sure overtook my features. I knew by the way Jesse smirked and put the bag into the larger bag from, Hot Topic and when he said, "I look forward to seeing you in it." He grabs all the bags except the smallest one that held a watch he bought for himself and walks towards the exit. I grab his watch and trail after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~
The car ride back to work was filled with laughter and banter. We talked about music, food, and all the little things under the now setting sun. After laughing my ass off about a story told by the older male about his assistant, I look to my left with a smile seeing Jesse with his right hand resting on the wheel while his left supported his head. I saw his wide and genuine smile the sun was behind him, but it felt like his smile was the sun. His hair looked a shade of brown due to the light shining through it. I wanted this moment to last a lifetime. But I had to it ruin by subconsciously muttering, "You're beautiful, " in French.

      "What did you say?" He glanced over at me before bringing his gaze back to the road up ahead. I've never been as glad as I was then that someone didn't understand me. Mumbling a quick dismissal, we continued for five minutes till we got back to the garage. He parked next to my car that was near the elevator used to leave the leveled car storage.

We sat in the car for a minute, reluctant to say goodbye. Just as I was about to say something stupid, we heard the sound of the elevator opening and to my surprise, I saw my mother and Jesse's father walking out to my mother's town car driven by her chauffeur, Marshall. Jesse sees them too and we duck down before they can see us. We continue to watch, waiting until they're out of sight, but as Jesse's father opens the car door and they say their goodbyes, my mother stands on her toes and gives Mr. Marlon a peck on his cheek, before she gets into the car and she closes it behind herself due to the surprised expression on Mr. Marlon's face. And she drives off leaving me, Jesse, and his father confused.

   Shit.
~~~~~~~~~~
Ooh, the drama. I'm so frickin excited for these next couple of chapters! And I know this chapter was short but It's been a rough week. I'll do better next time.