Chapter 9: Jesse Marlon

Since our liquor filled truce, Vincent and I had been working like a well oiled machine. We involved each other on everything, but it still felt like Vincent was doing most of the work, especially with his pushy assistant, Daniel, finding as many small tasks on his schedule to bug him with as he could.

    I was getting ready to leave work when I saw Vincent talking to Daniel in front of his office. It was a little on the later side of the night, but Vincent was usually one of  the last people to leave the office. But today it didn't seem like he was getting much work done, considering how comfortable he was getting at Daniel's desk.

  Needless to say, I seethed when I saw Daniel check out Vincent while a distracted Vincent looked at some paperwork. I rushed down the hall to him, but when I got there I had nothing to say.

The chatter between the two stopped when they noticed me standing in front of them. In the heat of the moment I dumbly blurted, 

"Do you want to come to a party with me?"

     It may have been stupid to get upset over Vincent talking to his assistant. But seeing as I had Vincent in the passengers seat of my Tesla, on our way to party being thrown by my friend Jamal, and the pissy look on Daniel's face; I was feeling like the smartest man alive.

   I had stopped by my apartment to change, since it was an informal gathering, but when I had asked Vincent if he'd wanted to change he just looked at me with an incredulous look.

We had arrived to a large condominium in Northwest DC, me wearing a simple black tee, ripped jeans, Air Force ones, and a single silver chain. To say that Vincent stood out would've been the understatement of the year, considering that he was wearing a black fitted suit with a nice caramel colored turtleneck in a sea of poorly veiled skin.

  But in the elevator, on the way up to Jamal's condo, I couldn't help but check out his ass. It wasn't phat or anything, it was more fit, small, toned, kind of like small basketballs. Before I knew it we were already on the fifth floor and we could hear the trap music playing loudly from down the hall.

   " You didn't tell me this was a casual party." I hear the small whisper like statement from Vincent, who was tailing me from behind. As we approached the door, leading to girls, drinks, and possibly drugs. "Would you have come if you knew it was casual?" I question in the same tone. I turn to see his anxious expression.

I was about to tell him that we could do something else instead, when the door opened revealing the host himself.

"Hey, man, I didn't think you were gonna come through." Jamal yells over the music as he daps me up. I glance at Vincent who was then right next to me, looking nervous as all get out. "Hey, J, I actually gotta take my mans home, maybe some other time." Jamal acted like he had just saw Vincent standing next to me, and said " Why though, you know I got plenty of room, and the more the merrier." He said getting closer to Vincent than I liked. I was about decline when I felt a delicate touch that could only belong to Vincent, on my arm. "If you already said you'd come, I don't mind if we just stop inside, you keep your word."

"What's you name mamas?" Jamal said flirtatiously to Vincent as we walked in, I think he thought that Vincent was a woman. But even still, I grabbed Vincent's hand and rushed to the kitchen through the crowd of grinding and  away from the intoxicated host, before he could respond.

"Don't consume anything unless, I give it to you." I warned the smaller male as I grabbed two beers from the fridge. Vincent didn't move to take the chilled bottle from me, he just watched the scene before him, people kissing, almost having sex, and doing all types of things he probably wasn't used to seeing.