「 t e n : "Sounds like you're explaining some kind of war strategy."」

t e n : "Sounds like you're explaining some kind of war strategy."

"Oh my, God!" Rose gushed as she carefully held a photo in her hand. "It's the cutest photograph I have ever seen!"

"Which one is it? Lemme see." Katie leaned forward to look at the photo. A smile tugged at her lips at its first glimpse.

It was Friday evening. Katie and Jake had at last decided to work on a plan they had both finalised. They still had enough time to complete their gift- around three weeks, but they wanted it to be perfect.

There they were- Katie, Jake, Rose and River, gathered after school. After rummaging in their kitchen for longer than acceptable, they were sitting on Katie's room's floor once again.

"It is cute. It's surely a candid moment," Katie agreed. It was her parents' silhouette: they were standing on a high plane- it was probably a cliff- and were gazing at the widespread of the ocean in front of them. They had their hands clasped tightly.

"It's probably of the time when they all went to France," Jake marked. "I can only guess, though. It's not like I can tell where they are just from a photo."

"Yeah, you're right. They have gone on so many trips, with friends, family, whatever, that it's hard to say where this is coming from," Katie replied.

"Let me see," River said and snatched the photo away from her hands, but not before gaining a scowl from her.

He held it carefully between his fingers (at least he remembered the 'no fingerprints on the photo' rule).

"It's so cliché," he pointed out bluntly. "Even more cliché than our parents' photograph on the beach."

"Shut up," Katie grumbled and snatched it away. "Nothing beats the 'we are holding the sun in our hands' cliche. I believe even I did that when I was a kid. It failed, though. I'm glad it did, honestly." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I remember," Jake said, snorting. "You were excited like anything. You wanted to, as I quote, 'hold the sun in your hand because cool kids do that'."

They laughed at that, Katie scoffing in embarrassment. She was in the 'wannabe' phase at that time. She considered herself an intellectual and used to use big words she memorised from the dictionary. They weren't even correct most of the time. It was a mortifying phase, now that she thought about it.

"I think I remember that," Rose snickered.

"Huh? I don't," River frowned. "Tell me mor-" he started but Katie cut him off.

"Not the time! We have to arrange the photos as we decided, remember?"

He huffed, crossing his arms. "Whatever. I'm not letting this go."

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

They had come up with a plan of making a Powerpoint Presentation of the collection of photos and videos. They had acquired some of the videos from their parents' friends after contacting them. A collage was also to be made, which they would laminate into a frame.