「 o n e : "The Saviour Is Here!" 」

𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙍𝙎 𝙎𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙀...

{ 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎 }

o n e : "The Saviour Is Here!"

IT wasn't a dark and stormy day.

In fact, it was quite the opposite. It was a warm, sunny day of spring with flowers blooming happily and bees humming around to collect the nectar. Trees swayed along with the warm air and the leaves fluttered along. Birds perched on the branches of trees chipped happily.

The sounds of children joyously playing and laughing added to the atmosphere of the spring season. Somewhere along the way, kids shrieked and jumped and cried.

All in all, it was the perfect day to go out for a picnic, enjoy with families and eat plenty of food. And so many people did. Except for two families, of course, who were dealing with a highly dramatic and moody teenager. Katie Adams was about to enter the Jones's residence, when she heard a loud scream followed by a groan. She didn't have to guess what was happening.

"I said I don't want to go!" Rose Jones pouted in defiance, stomping her foot on the ground for emphasis.

"Come on, Rose! You were fine till yesterday. What happened now?!" Her mother said, agitated at her daughter's sudden change of mood.

"I said I do NOT want to go, mother! No means no!" She declared and stormed upstairs into her room. The mother shook her head and sighed, annoyed and worried at her daughter. She opened her mouth to try to convince her daughter again but was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

"Don't fear, the saviour is here!" Katie Adams walked in through the door, more like sashayed in, with her arms stretched upwards. As she finished the sentence with her outstretched arms, she grinned at the mother- Isabella Jones, satisfied at her fabulous entry.

Isabella heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness you're here, Katie. I thought I'd have to deal with her for the rest of the day since no one in this house cares enough to help me."

Katie smiled and winked at her. "Don't worry, Isa, I'll handle her," she said and walked past her, glancing at the second half of the Jones twin who was standing at the door frame.

Katie went up the stairs. She reached Rose's room and found the said girl sitting on her window sill. She had her back turned to Katie but her body language screamed that she was sulking.

Katie shook her head and scoffed. What an idiot, she thought as she rolled her eyes. She walked to the bed and sat, trying not to laugh.

"Yo," she said after a couple minutes. It was only a word, but it was enough to startle her and make her fall on the ground, straight on her butt.

Katie couldn't help it- she burst out laughing and doubled over. She could see Rose's shocked face, which made her laugh even more. Seeing someone fall on the ground was funny (and a bit cruel) enough, but seeing your best friend fall on her ass was something else.

"Ouch," Rose mumbled and Katie started laughing again. Rose rolled her eyes, but there was humour behind her eyes. Apparently, laughter was contagious and anyways, Rose couldn't get angry at any costs. Her mood swings were a thing, but they, too, lasted only for a short while.

"Shut up, Kate," she said and facepalmed, finally sitting straight.

Katie nodded and cleared her throat, trying to compose herself. Lips twitching, she said, "Are you coming or do I have to force your arse down the hall and into the car?"