「 s e v e n : "Let me avoid human interaction for once!"」

「 s e v e n: "Let me avoid human interaction for once!"」

It was Monday, the end of the spring week and the start of school again. Katie looked in the mirror, tightening her ponytail. She admired her shoulder-length brown wavy hair, realising that it had grown a bit longer. She noticed a loose strand that fell out of her ponytail, but she didn't bother fixing it. She had chosen to wear normal black jeans and a checked shirt, above her usual white canvas shoes. She yawned.

"Katie!" Jake shouted from the hall. "Do you want me to drop you off?"

"Sure!" she yelled back, swiftly picking her sling bag and pocketing her phone. "Ask the twins, too!"

"You ask them! I have to eat! Let me avoid human interaction for once!"

"Even I have to eat!"

"Text them or whatever!"

"Ugh. Fine!"

"Kids!" their mother shouted, "Stop yelling!" Katie rolled her eyes at her antics.

"Even you're yelling!" Jake shouted for no reason. He was downstairs already.

"Don't shout at your mother!" she scolded back, humour present in the words. Katie was glad she was a pretty laid back person, but strict when necessary.

Katie skipped down the stairs, yawning and rubbing her eyes. She pushed Jake away from the kitchen's doorway as she passed him, earning a scowl. She replied by laughing. Her eyes glittered as she entered the kitchen.

"Food!" she half-ran to the dining table, looking at the eggs and bacon in delight.

"How dramatic," Jake said as he took a seat beside her, purposely dragging the chair since it annoyed her. She shot him a look and he grinned back, satisfied.

"Shut up, loser," she said, a sarcastic smile on her face. The sarcasm dropped as she looked at her parents. "Morning," she greeted them.

They nodded back, her father looking up at his newspaper. He folded it up as her mother sat on her chair.

"Let's eat!" Katie said. "Thanks for the food!"

Just as she picked up her fork and knife, the bell rang. Katie groaned.

"Really? Right now?!" she whined. "Jake, open the door."

He looked at her, mortified. "And what? Associate with actual people?!"

Her expression fell flat. "Yes, because that is oh-so-terrifying, isn't it?"

The bell continued ringing. "For me? Yes!"

Her answer was interrupted by more ringing, followed by River's loud voice. Katie groaned, facepalming. Brielle laughed.

"That kid doesn't know any manners, does he?" she said, shaking her head.