「 f i v e : "I'm your neighbour." 」

The four-year-old Katie was woken up by her mother who had kissed softly on her forehead. Katie yawned loudly and stretched, then smiled goofily at her mother.

"Good morning, sweetie," her mother smiled at her.

"Morning, Mommy."

"Come on, get up and showered, we're going to meet someone today!"

Katie gasped, "Really? Where? Where?"

Her mother chuckled, "Later, sweetheart, I'll tell you when you come down. Now get dressed fast, okay?"

She nodded her head and quickly jumped out of her bed. After showering and getting dressed, she hopped downstairs to be greeted by her mother and father sitting at the dining table.

"Good morning daddy!"

"Good morning sweetie."

"Where's Jake? He took my Hotwheels yesterday and didn't give me back!"

"He's with Michael out in the park, so take your toys when he comes back home later, okay? Now eat! We have to go!" said her mother.

Katie perked up at this and jumped on the chair. She started gobbling down the hot pancakes in front of her and finished them in no time. Her parents were talking about something but she didn't listen to anything. She drank a glass of water and got out of her chair and took her mother's hand.

"Come on, mommy! Let's go, let's go!" she shrieked happily.

Her parents laughed again. In no time, Katie was out of her house with her mom. She had taken a plate of cookies in her hands, so Katie figured that they weren't going too far.

Her mother crouched down in front of her, "Now, be good, Katie," she nodded, "And remember, if they offer you anything, just take it. If you don't, it's rude."

She nodded and asked, "Where are we going, mommy?"

"We're going to our next-door neighbour who just shifted here."

Katie frowned at this and her mother laughed at her reaction. They walked out of their porch and went next doors. Katie's mother rang the bell and the door opened. Standing there was a small boy who was about Katie's age, his bright blue eyes staring at them curiously.

"Who are you?" he asked bluntly.

Katie's mother just chuckled and smiled at him, "Hi, you must be River, is your mother hom-"

"River, I told you not to- BRIELLE!"

Her mother's attention snapped up to the sound of the woman's voice who appeared from a room. She was a beautiful woman with red hair, amazing blue eyes and a lean, a tall figure.