15

((Last chapter hope you enjoyed this stoey)

*It had been nearly twenty-four hours since Mia went into labor. Several hours had passed since her water broke and not even the warm bath had soothed her pain. Maggie helped Mia dry off and got her dressed, having to stop every minute to help her through another contraction. Once Mia was dressed, Maggie had brought her back into the bedroom where Rick could be more help. He’d spent the last few hours rubbing her back, bringing her water, everything Daryl would’ve done.

“I don’t think I can take this,” Mia panted.

Alright, we can’t wait anymore,” Rick said, “We’ve gotta get you to the infirmary, Mia.”

Mia nodded, “You’re right. You’re totally right. Let’s go.”

She pushed through every contraction as Rick and Maggie led her out of the house. This was a pain she’d forgotten all about until now. She’d been through this before but considering her son had died, she wasn’t feeling too confident, which created more stress, which created more pain for her. It felt like the infirmary was at the complete opposite end of Alexandria with how long it took to get there. It was like the closer she got to it, the farther back it went.

“This…is so much worse than when I was in labor with my son,

Mia groaned, “I think this one might be trying to kill me.”

“Well, it is Daryl’s child,”

Rick teased, “I’m just surprised it’s not kicking its way out.”

“Very funny,”

Mia muttered. Denise was startled as the three of them burst into the infirmary but she was quick on her feet, bringing Mia to one of the bedrooms so she could have her privacy. Mia was thrilled to be off her feet and she had a moment of relief from the pain, “I just hope Daryl is alright, wherever he is.”

“You’re in all this pain and you’re hoping Daryl is okay,”

Maggie chuckled. She sat beside Mia’s bed and pushed her hair off her forehead, “You’re one of a kind, Mia. I’m sure he’s doing just fine. Trust me, he’s made it through much, much worse. One of our people accidentally shot him once back in Georgia, at my dad’s farm. And that was after he got knocked over my dad’s horse and got an arrow in his side. He’s been through so many things that should’ve killed him. He’s bulletproof.”

I hope so,”

Mia murmured, “What if something happened to him out there though? I mean, I don’t even have a picture of him.”

Hey, you just worry about having this baby, okay?”

Maggie said, “Don’t get all worked up.”

You’ll stay with me, won’t you?” Mia said.

Maggie smiled and nodded, “Of course I will.”

The contractions only got worse from there. Mia spent the rest of the night in agony, the contractions causing her to vomit at one point. But every time, she was told that she wasn’t ready to start pushing yet. And the more she heard that, the more frustrated she became. By morning, she was crying angry tears.
Why won’t this thing come out?!”

Mia exclaimed. She was sitting at the edge of the bed as Rick stood in front of her, a tight grip on her hands. He let her squeeze his hands as much as she needed to despite how uncomfortable it was making him, “It’s been…god…forty-eight hours, right? Two days! Two days I’ve been at this!”