1

Mia's POV

*The group had been travelling for weeks. They were low on water, completely out of food and were losing their spirit. They were lucky enough to meet Aaron, who would change their lives forever by bringing them to a community where they would have shelter and food and they could almost feel normal. Of course, not everyone was on board with this new community offered to them*

*Daryl Dixon wasn’t used to such a clean cut community. This kind of place would’ve shunned him just a few years ago before the world went to hell. So he wasn’t exactly going to try and keep up appearances like the others were doing. He would sit on the porch and cut open the possum he’d killed earlier like he always did without a care in the world*

*As Daryl cleaned up the bloody mess he made, a young woman approached him, though she wouldn’t go up the steps onto the porch. Daryl didn’t acknowledge her at first but noticed she had a laundry basket in her hands. But she had noticed him looking at her and saw that as her cue to speak*

“Welcome to Alexandria,” she said,

“My name’s Mia. Deanna has some of us going around and giving these to all of you. I think Jessie dropped one off to your friend, Rick.”

“Thanks,” he grunted.

“Could I…ask your name?” Mia added.

“Daryl.”

“I…I’m sorry,” Mia said,

“I’m totally rude I can see you’re busy. I’ll just leave this basket here.”

“Thanks,”  Daryl repeated. *

As Mia bent over to set the basket down beside him, he looked up and was met by the largest pair of greenish-blue eyes he’d ever seen with long eyelashes and wavy brown hair that brushed her shoulder. She froze before setting the basket down once their eyes met*

“So that’s what you look like,” she said, laughing as she looked back down at the basket,

“Deanna’s throwing a party tonight in honor of your arrival. You and your friends, I mean. Do you think you’d wanna come?”

“Doubt it,” Daryl muttered, “Not my kinda scene.”

“Giving this place a chance wouldn’t kill you,” Mia replied, “You should come, Daryl.”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. Maybe. I’ll think about it. We done here?”

Yeah, guess so,” Mia mumbled, her arms rested on her knees as she squatted in front of him. Her brows lowered a bit, “You’re not really a people person are you?”

“Ya know, there are more of the group inside,” Daryl said, “Why don’t you invite them to this little party thing?”

Sure, sure,” Mia sighed as she stood back up and tucked her hands into her pockets, "“I hope to see you there tonight, Daryl. Deanna is really hoping all of you will show up.”

Said I’d think about it didn’t I?” Daryl grumbled. He stood up with his torn apart possum in his hand, “Gotta get goin’ now. Thanks for…for the basket.”

*Mia gave Daryl a genuine, warm smile that reached her eyes, a smile that Daryl wasn’t used to seeing from someone who had just met him. He kept her at arm’s length and still she didn’t get frustrated or scared off by the dead animal and its blood all over his fingers. And oddly enough, he found it easy to make eye contact with those blue-green orbs but he wasn’t sure what to make of her*