6

((Warning: none

Outfit

Daryl had his regrets but Mia wasn’t one of them. But he hated that he’d made Mia reveal that part of her life. Maybe she hadn’t meant to keep it all a secret but now it was almost like he was obligated to share his own secrets. Mia wouldn’t be satisfied with his brief shows of affections forever, would she? It was true that she was surprisingly patient and understanding, but even the kindest human couldn’t possibly be understanding of what little he had to offer. She deserved someone who could move at her pace and offer her more than he could.

Mia was lucky enough to be able to baby-sit little Judith for a few hours and she couldn’t have been more thrilled. It made her ache for a baby even more and that combined with her recent discussion about her little boy a few days ago, holding Judith almost made her burst into tears. But she kept it together in front of Rick and Carl. She couldn’t believe she’d told Daryl about Dylan so easily. But she trusted him with everything she had. She just hoped he trusted her that much too.

As Mia sat on her porch, strapping Judith into her stroller, the steps creaked behind her. She turned to see Spencer taking a seat on the white, wooden bench behind her.

“This is a bad time, Spencer,”

Mia said as she adjusted Judith’s floppy hat on her head,

I’m about to take Judith for a walk. Whatever you’ve got to talk about, you think it could wait?”

“You didn’t used to make me wait,”

Spencer muttered,

“It’s been days, probably even weeks since we hung out like we used to.”

“I’m sorry, I’ve been busy,”

Mia said,

“I’ve had a lot to do, ya know?”

I wouldn’t call hanging out with that Daryl guy ‘busy’ Mia,”

Spencer retorted,

“Is he your boyfriend now or something?”

Mia turned to look at Spencer over her shoulder, grimacing,

“Yes, Spencer. He is in fact my boyfriend. Is there a problem?”

No not really,”

Spencer said, “But he’s so quiet. Does he even talk to you? Touch you? Or is it like a middle school romance?”

What is your problem?”

Mia snapped,

“What Daryl and I do or don’t do is none of your business. You’re supposed to be my friend, Spencer. Be a little supportive of me, will you?”