8

((Warning: slight smut))

Daryl

The closed curtains blocked out the morning sun which allowed Daryl to sleep in later than usual. At least, that was the story he planned to go with. In reality, he slept in because he was so worn out from the night before.

But it had been more than worth it. He experienced a closeness with Mia that was amazing. He hoped it would last forever as he could never imagine being with anyone else but her at this point. Maybe he really was in love with her as he’d thought last night. Not that he’d say it to her anytime soon. His relationship with Mia was still so new. Who knew what she’d say if he told her too soon.

When Daryl woke up, he stretched, his arm landing on the other side of the bed where he expected Mia to be. But the other side of his bed was empty. He instantly sat up and looked around at the still dark room. Mia’s clothes were gone and his clothes had been picked up and folded at the foot of the bed.

Had Mia ditched him? Did Mia regret sleeping with him as she had with her ex-boyfriend? He knew he wasn’t the best but he hadn’t been the worst, had he? Mia had to give him a little bit of a pass considering she was his first? She’d seemed so understanding last night and she’d made it so much easier for him. He had never seen her as a liar. But what if she’d been lying this entire time? What if she’d made him look like a fool?

Before Daryl could tear himself apart anymore, his bedroom door opened and Mia stood there, her eyes widening when she realized he was awake. She leaned against the door, pursing her lips,

“I was hoping to get back up here before you woke up. You thought I ditched you, didn’t you?”

Daryl shrugged, hanging his head, “Nah.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to freak you out,”

Mia said, crawling into bed beside him,

I just wanted to surprise you. Come on, get dressed and come downstairs. Hurry, while your breakfast is still warm.”

Breakfast?”

Daryl said, “You made us breakfast?”

Mia nodded and moved his clothes from the foot of the bed to his lap,

Yep! Now come on I don’t want you to be eating cold eggs. I’ll be downstairs.”

Mia left him to get dressed and as he got out of bed to do so, he heard pots and pans banging around downstairs and sizzling soon followed. He just couldn’t get over Mia. Was it too clingy to want to be around her all the time? Was that too much? He couldn’t help himself. Being near Mia made him so happy, the happiest he’d ever been in his entire life.

He came downstairs as Mia was flipping the bacon she was trying up. She looked up at him and smiled warmly, pointing to the pan with her tongs,

Thought I’d add something extra.”

Where’s everyone else?”

Daryl asked as he sat down at the dining room table, “You kick everyone out?”

“No,”

Mia replied,

Not at all. I don’t know, Rick knew I was waiting here for you yesterday. Maybe he asked everyone to stay away for a little while. Who knows.”

You think they know?”

“Know what?”

“’Bout last night.”