Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Where is he?"

Flaco looks back to the six out of dozens of new guards I now have. They all exchange looks before turning back to me. "I don't know girl." He's such a liar. What else was I expecting though. I'll never get any truths willingly.

"It's been five days." I point out. "When is he coming back?"

"I don't know what to tell you." He gives me a sympathetic look. "Rest a little, and we'll bring dinner to you, eh?" He tries to change the subject just like every other day.

"Can I at least call him?"

"He will call you."

I let out a breath of frustration. "You've been saying that every single day. I can't stay here forever. I want to go back home." He gives me a look that I know means that he can't help me. I roll my eyes. I turn around and go into the master's suite, slamming the door behind me. I hear him locking me in like he's done every night since I've been stuck here.

I throw my purse on the bed and look out through the tall accordion glass doors. The pool is very inviting, but ocean is perfect with crystal clear waters further away. The oceans of Turks and Caicos is a beauty so heavenly drawn it's breathtaking. But as always I see the guards all roaming around. From the private accessed beach to the sides of the private pool at my disposal. They're doing their best to keep me in and making this paradise look more like a cage to me.

I grab the remote from the side panel and click the button to close the curtains in fury. Five days. It's been five days since Marcus left me here on the island. Five days since I've been stuck within the perimeter of this huge house. I'm not allowed to go to the local stores or restruants. I'm not allowed to seek my own adventure other than the pool or private accessed beach from the house. Even then dozens of guards watch me heavily, making it suffocating to enjoy the few things I am allowed to do.

I'm locked in every night in my room too. As a safety measure apparently. So the chances of me escaping are slim to none because the windows and doors are locked. Not to mentioned, bullet proof. How do I know that? I tried to break away two days ago by using a crowbar to break through the glass. I practically sprained my wrist in the process.

My patience is wearing thin here. My thoughts are constantly consumed with the Genovese family. Bullet, Marcus, Roberto, Helena... Even thinking about her makes me shiver. Remebering how Bullet is almost the mirror image of Marcus I concluded that's they're brothers. They both look so close to age that a father and son relationship would be impossible. And Helena is romantically involved with Bullet so that pretty much made her his sister-in-law.

"That's his family..." I whisper to the empty room. Those criminals are truly his family. I can't wrap my head around that. It's like I'm blinded by the facts that I can't seem to accept it as true. But it is. And if I was scared before, now I'm completed terrified. Mostly because it's evident this is a mob family, and mobsters aren't known for their legal careers. "I never heard of a mobster work at Chucky E Cheese or be a mother Teresa before. That's for sure." I joke sarcastically to the air. I have no idea what kind of illegal things they're involved in. Or how far those activities puts Marcus in danger. I'm worried out of my mind for him. I keep envisioning him in a ditch somewhere and it making me paranoid. Yet, I don't even get a fucking call from that bastard.

When I'm not thinking about Lucifier himself, my mind goes to my family. They're probably wondering why I haven't been around lately. Then I wonder what lies Marcus told them to keep them at bay. And just like that, my mind gets consumed by him again.

I'm so disconnected from everything that I don't even know how the case is going. The outcome will define our livelihood, my parents fortune. They need me there. I may not have much to do for as long as the case continues, but I'm still the CEO. I have to be there. I've let my life revolve around Marcus and I can't do that anymore. I need to go back to work. I need to get my life back together. The company needs me.