A redheaded boy appeared on the door behind him, murmuring something and the man seemed to say something back before the guy's eyes focused on Jughead. "Hey!" the teenager shouted. "How do you know Betty?"

Jughead smirked, hearing something protective in his voice, and for that reason only, decided to have some fun. "I'm her boyfriend!"

"What?"

The beanie-wearing guy observed their reactions with an amused look in his eyes and a smug smile lingering on his lips. Only a few moments later, Betty's front door closed. He could see a person walking through the garden, but only as her feet stepped down the few stairs a while later, he got a confirmation of it being the girl he was waiting for.

This was the first time he saw her with normal clothes and without the work uniform. And shit was she gorgeous. The white shorts were high-waisted with three buttons, bringing out the curve of her hips, and the light blue shirt of hers was floral, over the shoulders one, putting the extreme thoughts of no bra into his head. It was flowing around her stomach, once in a while showing off the top button of her shorts. Her feet were covered by white converse and once his eyes met hers, there was a bright smile on her face.

"Hi," the girl beamed, stopping right in front of him with some feet of distance.

"Hey," Jughead softly said, a smile appearing on his face as well. "You're early."

"Well, someone got here a bit too early himself."

"Betty!" the redhead shouted from his porch.

Biting her lip, she turned towards the guy, Archie, if he remembered well. "Morning, Arch!"

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"What?" she murmured, eyebrows furrowing together. "Why would you think that?" Jughead pressed his lips together, sniggering to himself, and Betty turned to glare at him, understanding what was going on there. "Dude," she complained.

"It's not my fault that guy is so after you that he'll believe that."

Betty rolled her eyes, looking back towards the teenager on the porch, his dad already inside, probably giving them some privacy. "Arch, he was kidding! I'm sorry, I'll see you tomorrow!"

The boy stayed on the porch but Betty turned her back at him, looking back at Jughead. "Not a smart move, imagine if my parents were at home and heard that..."

"They're not?" he frowned. "Why the hell would you tell me to stop at your neighbor's then?"

The blonde shrugged. "Safer, just in case." Then, observing the motorcycle behind him, she asked, "So, where's your car?" Jughead smirked at her, patting the back seat. "I'm not getting on that." Her arms crossed on her chest, bringing the flowy shirt up a bit more as she nervously chewed on her lower lip.

"Come on, it's the only thing I have that has a motor."

"What about my car? You can drive, right?"

"Your car?" Jughead asked, genuinely surprised, before realizing she probably was one of those who got it as a gift on her sixteenth birthday.

"Yeah, it's in my garage."

"You never go to work with it though..."

"I can't drive it."

"What?" he chuckled.

"It's one of these old ones that have a bit different systems than the ones I've driven with."

"Oh... Why won't you learn it then? My dad's truck is the same way—it's pretty easy."

"Well, my dad was supposed to teach me, but he—" she swallowed, cutting herself off, and then, covered it up with a, "—works a lot."