Our Love Story!

That morning was amazingly beautiful.Annika would never forget the beauty that Nature offered her to enjoy to her heart's content.She had seen sunrise before.But that one was very special and particular for many reasons.

Annika and Shivaay are walking homewards.They are chewing on sugarcane stick.Annika didn't know what to do with it but Shivaay showed her the way and she followed.At one point he asks-

S: Tell me,how are you finding Badalpur and its people?

Pinky's great-grandfather was the landlord of Badalpur estate and he was a man of extraordinary vision.He came for the purpose of business and liked the place very much.He shifted back his family here.Now the fourth generation is ruling in Amravati(the name of the house)

People of Amravati had stroked a refined balance between traditional and modern life style since generations.Old,gold days were valued and remembered with due respect while adopting modernity.That's why Amravati's kitchen had mixer,grinder along with shil patta and gas burners co-existed with tandoor and served harmoniously without fussing.An example among many.Amravati was and is a great epicenter where the past and present mingled beautifully and this thing attracted Annika most.

A: ............People of big cities tend to rush for anything and everything.Life is much quiet and peaceful here which can never be found in big cities.People are mostly open and friendly to each other's cause.They don't hanker after money or riches.They are complete in themselves.A chain of togetherness binds all in everything they do and that's their strength.Their love is pure and free of artificial sweetness.They are frank and straightforward in action and in words too.This sounds loud to city dwellers but it's their genuine characteristic.These simple village people and their more simple lifestyle are matchless comparing to ours..............................Shivaay was listening to attentively to Annika's words.He was happy that his wife didn't picturize village with only cow and cow-dung.That,frequently used by educated,polished,civilized city people.Annika's mind and mentality are not maligned like those snobbish big town people,can never be.

Winter has not come yet but a thin veil of mist is hanging around.Shivaay and Annika enter into the backyard,walking.Suddenly Annika stops then takes a small run and comes near a night jasmine flower tree.The ground around the tree is covered with the bounty of night jasmine flower.She bends down and picks up a delicate flower of orange stem and white petals.She gathers more then inhales the sweet fragrance of those heavenly flowers.Shivaay comes and stands beside Annika.

S: You like this flower?

A: Of course.It's my favourite.We have one in Sawapnolok.But that's not so big as this one...........A childlike playfulness flashes across her face.

You know when I was small,I used to wait for this flower to blossom all year round.I had made garlands of these flowers.Keeping in a large arum leaf,used to let it float on a big decorated water filled bowl in my room.This is reminding me of my childhood.......She smiles pressing the flowers in her hand against her cheek.She collects more flower.While doing so,she says-

These flowers blooms only at night and fall down the tree before sunrise.Do you know why?

S: No,why?

A: According to Greek mythology,once a girl fell in love with sun.She offered her love but he didn't reciprocate in his ego of being an immortal god.Considering it a grave insult to her pure love and feelings,the girl took an oath that she would never see the face of the sun.After that she burnt herself down into ashes and from that ash,grew up a beautiful tree of night jasmine flower.Since then,all its flowers had been blooming at a sunless sky and fell down through entire night.Sunlight could never touch its flowers while blooming unlike many other flowers.......She concludes.