New Sunrise After Darkness!

Couple Of Weeks Later

------------------------------

Oberoi Mansion

______________

Shivaay is walking and talking over phone with someone.He reaches near his room-

S:......Negotiating was not that difficult.I am thinking.....He stops abruptly.He says to the other person- I will call you back.Yeah........He enters into the room hurriedly and hears the same line,again-

For God's Sake Hold Your Tongue And Let Me Love!

Annika is the one who spoke that line which was saturated with deep feeling and passion! Right now she is in the poolside.Has stood backing Shivaay.Shivaay storms behind Annika then twirls her holding her hand.He says agitatingly-

S: Whom...were you saying "For God's sake hold your tongue and let me love" and.....why?

He looks around being nervous.There Annika watches her husband's strange behavior.She says-

A: What is the matter with you huh?And whom are you searching?

S: Answer me,were you talking to someone before I came?That line........Annika sighs then picks up a book from the nearby table.Holding it before Shivaay's eyes she says-

A: I was reading a poem."The Canonization" of John Donne and it's the first line of that poem.Have a look yourself......Shivaay takes the book then reads line by line then returns it to Annika who is observing him curiously,crossed hand.

S: I...I was just.....He stammers.

A: Hm....So,did you find your Expected one,Shivaay?What were you thinking actually?If I am not wrong......

S: I said na I am sorry?Why are you............Shivaay couldn't finish as Annika starts laughing.He goes out in the same speed he entered!

Some Time Later

-----------------------

Shivaay closes his laptop.It's quite late and Annika is still studying by the poolside.He goes to her.Annika is sleeping leaning on the sofa while hugging a book and grasping a pen in her hand.

Smiling,Shivaay sits beside her.He runs his fingers on her hairs.He checks the time again then picks up Annika in his arms.Going inside the room he puts her on the bed carefully then covers her with the duvet.Next,he heads for the washroom.

When he came out,Annika's phone was ringing.Thinking that could disturb her sleep,he received the call.Sahil had phoned.Before he could say anything,he heard Sahil crying-

S: Sa..Sahil...What happened?Why are you crying?Stop crying and tell me what's the matter.................Sahil tells him everything.Shivaay hangs up few moments later then looks at Annika.She is sleeping peacefully,without any fear or tension.An innocent,pure smile is gracing her face.

He goes out to meet his parents and expresses his worry.Immediately,three of them depart Oberoi Mansion and reach the City Hospital where Vasundhara is admitted.She had a heart attack and her condition is very serious.Doctors are operating on her right now.Standing outside the OT,Shivaay starts thinking about Annika.

Next Morning

------------------

Annika wakes up in the empty room,without Shivaay.Getting ready she goes out and meets Dadi near dinning room table.

D: I was going to your room puttar.Good that found you here.

A: What happened Dadi?You are looking tensed....Are you feeling ill?Let me call the doctor......

D: I am fine puttar..... Listen to me.Last night..............Dadi informs Annika about her mother's health issue.A terrible terror shakes her to the core.Both of them leave for the hospital without wasting a second.

City Hospital

------------------

Vasundhara is shifted to the ICU.Annika enters inside,opening the door.She is hesitating to go forward.Partly out of fear,partly out of gilt.Still,she goes near the bed where her mother is lying.Going there,she collapses on the floor.She couldn't pull herself together anymore.Tear drops are falling uncontrollably.She recalls Sahil's words-

"..............Every night Mom cries watching your photos,in your room.She cries and curses herself.Mom is going through so much pain di..........."

Moments later she stands up and sits on the bed.Annika touches her mother's hand with her own cold hand.In a suppressing voice,she says-

A:.............Only I am responsible for your condition.I couldn't be a good daughter,couldn't respect your wishes.Couldn't even tell how much you mean to me,how much I love you Mom.

I am your culprit Mom,I am your culprit.I won't be able to forgive myself,ever..........She started crying and her words got lost in that.Vasundhara opened her eyes and watched her daughter running away,crying.

Sawapnolok

------------------

Vasundhara got released after five days and returned home.Annika's been with her all the time.Right now they are sitting in the balcony of Vasundhara's room.It's almost evening.Annika is cutting apples for her mother while talking.Vasundhara is laughing at something that Annika has said-

V: .......Shivaay really put you in the cold water to wake you up?

A: Oh Mom,why are you repeating it again and again?Your...your son-in-law is a number!

V: Tell me,when is he coming?

A: He is attending an important meeting which got postponed because of your health condition.And Mom,why did you stress yourself on cooking those items?Doctor advised complete bed rest for you.Here you are running errands.If Shivaay finds out,he won't like it.

V: I couldn't treat Shivaay properly since you got married.Got the opportunity so thought to do something.He is my only son-in-law.He deserves special treatment.And don't worry,I am doing fine......Vasundhara assures her daughter.Few silent moments pass.Watching Annika lost somewhere,she says-

Have you noticed one thing?

A: What Mom?

V: Whenever we talk,you always end up mentioning something about Shivaay!Have you realized?It seems you love talking about him!

A: Um.....I don't know!But I know this- he takes care of me a lot.Always help me in anything I do,gives me time managing his busy schedule.Never force me to do anything.He is very good at heart.Such person is very rare Mom.

V: Such Person yeah.....Husband?Annika doesn't answer.

Vasundhara didn't pry further.Her daughter was progressing in her married life though the progression is not eye catching yet.The latent Wife in her is awaking,slowly but steadily.

Days are passing in as usual motion.Calendar finishes showing the last day of the month of December.Oberois celebrated New Year,Lohri and Makar Sankranti.Vasundhara came to Oberoi Mansion on invitation of the festivals.Kite flying competition got held between her and Pinky.Shivaay cheered for his mother in-law and Annika,for hers.The competition ended on a tie.

Everyone was happy and content in their life.New hopes and dreams got approached enthusiastically.Past became memory be it good or bad and Present got welcomed with open arms,with love and smiles.

New challenges are here with new opportunities.