𝒰𝓃𝒹𝓎𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓁ℴ𝓋ℯ 2

- Steven x Reader + Nora

It was finally Father's Day and Nora don't know what to do to cheer up her father.

Steven just got back from his work, his tie was crooked and hang loose, his collar was unfolded irritatedly, his eyes had perfect purple semi-circles under them, his throat let out a deep groan in tiredness.

He pulled out a key from his pocket and shoved it into the doorknob, unlocking the house's door tiredly; not minding taking off his shoes, he barged in inside of the pitch-black house in both tired and confused.

"(Y/N)? Honey? Why is it so dark in here?" Steven spoke, rubbed his tired eyes to make sure he wasn't hallucinating things.

No response.

Steven grew confused to why you weren't responding to him, impossible for you to be going out in the middle of the night; something must be going on.

Steven walked further by a few steps, held out his hands in front of him to make sure he didn't bump onto anything expensive or hurtful; eyes squinting in the dark which he found useless since he still couldn't see where he was going, lips formed a small pout.

"(Y/N)?" Steven called out again but still receive no response from you.

Steven wandered around further, touched the nearest furniture, he figured that he was in the living room; set down his bag onto the couch lazily, he squinted his eyes even more and looked around for any sign of a short (H/C) girl, believing you were pulling a prank on you just like used to.

A smirk form on his lips, a possible idea of what you're trying to do pop into his head; he figured that you were playing hide and seek in the dark.

Ever since he knew you, he always wondered to why you've always loved hide and seek, it was such an old game that you always been adoring to; but as a good husband he is, he just loved to play a lot with you.

Before Steven could take action or speak anything, all of the lights in his house was turned on and revealed his sight functioning once more.

"Huh?" Steven muttered.

Steven looked around the living room, not finding you anywhere near him but stopped when he felt the same small arm wrapped around his waists cutely, immediately he knew it was you.

Steven chuckled at your action, grabbed your arm to the front and hugged your waists tightly, inhaled the strawberry scent he loved and kissed the cute cheeks he grew to love as well.

"Steven! You're back!" you cheered, wrapped your arms cutely around Steven's neck, jumped a couple of times like a child who just got a new toy that soon became their favourite.

Steven chuckled again at your cuteness, hugged tighter around you, he kissed your temple lovingly before meeting his dark brown orbs with yours; he could just stare at them as long as he lives, he loved you so much that he barely could leave the house to go to work every day.

"Now, what are you doing in the dark?" Steven asked, smiling, he nudged his nose on yours, made you giggled at his ticklish action.

"Happy Father's Day, Steven~!" you cooed, grinned wider.

"Thanks, Honey" Steven replied, only to froze at what he just said. His eyebrows furrowed deeply, he didn't have any child yet. He looked at you, questioning while you only hid something behind his head. "Wait... We don't have... You aren't..."

You jumped surely and excitedly, grinned further while giggled at Steven's clueless face.

You broke the embrace before slowly pulled out a pregnancy test you used not too long ago before Steven's arrival, showing it to be positive.