four

After the school day finished I waited in the parking lot for Madison. A few minutes go by and I see Madison coming my way.

I get in my car and start it up and in a matter of seconds Madison is sitting in the passenger seat.

When we get home I chuck my keys in the bowl and walk upstairs.

My parents work late so it's normal for them not to be here when we get home from school.

I walk upstairs and into my room, chucking my bag onto the floor and jumping onto my bed. I decide to scroll through twitter until I suddenly get a text from some unknown number.

At first I thought it might be Emily since I gave her my number today but then I read the text.

Unknown
hey is this alana?
it's jack btw

Alana
.. which jack?? and how'd u get my number?

Unknown
it's gilinsky
i asked emily for it
but anyways weird question, can you meet me
at the fro-yo place in about 5 mins?

Alana
odd but sure ok

I shut my phone and put it in my pocket, confused at Jack's weird text. I jog downstairs and walk over to Madison who was sat on the couch doing stuff on her phone.

"Hey Maddi, shouldn't you be doing homework?" I ask her jokingly.

"Nope, the teachers didn't give us homework today" She says with her eyes remaining glued to her phone screen.

I look at the screen and see that she's texting someone.

"Who ya texting?" I question leaning closer to see the screen. She quickly hides the screen so I can't see their conversation.

"His name is Hayes. He's in some of my classes" She says blushing.

"So a boy?" I smirk.

"Yeah, he's so cute" She giggles.

"Freshman love" I say laughing.

"Anyways I'm going to get some froyo I'll be home later," I say heading towards the door.

"Bye" Madison says as I walk out the door.

I drive to the froyo place and I see Jack sitting inside.

I walk in and sit next to him.

"Hey," I smile.

"Oh hey Alana," He says looking at me putting his phone down.

"So..what's up" I ask curiously.

"Right, okay so I talked to the group about this so they know, but I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" He nervously asks. My eyes widen as I choke on the air.

"Fake girlfriend" He continues.

"Oh. Right." I say relieved yet still confused. He laughs and shakes his head.

"So what do you mean by 'fake girlfriend'?" I question him raising my eyebrow.

"Well you see, I like this girl at school, Paige and I was thinking I could make her jealous enough to want to be with me and you know you're pretty and new so you're the perfect person for this," He smiles.

It took me a few seconds to fully comprehend what he was saying but I think I understood. There was so much to take in but one thing just stood out.

He thinks I'm pretty?

"Alana, you there?" Jack asks, laughing softly.

"Oh, yeah sorry I zoned out for a second. I would love to help you do that," I say smiling.

I vaguely knew who Paige was and I knew that she's easily one of the prettiest girls at our school, which is probably why Jack likes her.

"Really? Thank you so much Alana" He says as he pulls me into a hug. I laugh a little, hugging him back.

'He smells just as good as he looks.'

I shake the thought out of my head.

'Alana come on now he likes someone else,' I think to myself.

"So we need to talk about how we're gonna do this" He says releasing from the hug.

"But first, froyo" He says standing up grabbing my hand. I laugh and join him.

=

After we pay for our froyo we sit back down.

"Okay, so what's your plan?" I ask taking a bite of my yogurt.

"I was thinking we should ease into things because it'd be really suspicious if we were suddenly dating," He says. I nod and we kept talking.

We had decided to only pretend to be a couple when Paige was in the same room or area but we also agreed to be around Paige all the time so she'd see us as much as possible and hopefully she'd snap and try to win Jack over.

"Shit it's getting really late" Jack says looking at his watch.

"It's okay I'll just text my mom that I'll be home late" I smile grabbing out my phone.

"You can just stay at mine for the night if you want? My parents won't mind" He smiles.

"Are you sure, I can just text my mom,"

"Yeah no worries," He laughs.

I nod and text my mom that I would be staying over at a friends house.

We go back to Jack's house and up to his room.

"So you can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch" He says.

"No this is your house, I can sleep on the couch" I say refusing to take his offer.

"It's fine really. You can have the bed," Jack offers once again.

We continue to bicker back and forth as both of us try to be the nicer person and take the couch.

"Uh.. look lets just both sleep in the bed, it's a king sized bed so there should be plenty of room" He says quietly.

"O-okay," I say awkwardly. I wasn't expecting to sleep in the same bed as him.

Jack walks into his closet and pulls out a hoodie and sweatpants. He hands them over to me and walks back to his closet.

"What's this?" I say confused.

"Clothes for you to sleep in" He says before grabbing himself some clothes then walking towards the door.

"I'll let you get changed" He says, walking out and shutting the door behind him.

I get changed into his hoodie and sweatpants and then walk over to his bed and get in. I start to fall asleep when I hear Jack come into the room. He comes over and gets in the bed, laying on his back. He rolls onto his side to face me and whispers "Goodnight Alana" before rolling back onto his back.

Shivers go down my spine as he whispers into my ear.

I think I have feelings for this boy.