two

"Nebraska?! B-but our life is great here? What about my friends and Madison's friends and school and wh-" All these questions spin around in my head but my dad cuts me off.

"Honey, this is such a big opportunity for me and I really want you to support me on this. Please?" He says with pleading eyes. I stare at him and then take a deep breathe to calm down. I'm old enough to be mature about this. "Of course, as long as you're happy," I smile.

"Oh thank you Alana!" He says pulling me in for a hug.

We break apart and I head back upstairs.

I lay back down on my bed and put the earphones back in.

I shut my eyes and about 5 minutes later I hear a knock at my door. My eyes open to see my little sister Madison at my door way.

"Hey Maddi," I say sitting up on my bed and taking my earphones out.

"What's up?" I ask and pat a space on my bed gesturing her to come and sit down. She sits down and turns to me.

"Are you sure you're okay with moving to Nebraska?"

"100% sure. Things like this happen to people all the time and plus I feel like this is going to be good for our family!" I say laughing a little.

"Why? Are you okay with it?" I ask Madison and she smiles. I knew that I'd be able to handle the move but Madison is only 14, it would make sense if she took it harder than me.

"I'm absolutely okay with it!" She laughs and I hug her.

She leaves my room and I get ready to go to bed.

I plug the charger in my phone and go to sleep.

3 WEEKS LATER

I exhale a large breath as I put the last thing in my room away.

"Done" I say falling back onto my bed looking at the ceiling of my new room.

We moved houses two days after my dad had told me the big news.

School began tomorrow and I was kind of excited I guess.

I just want to make some friends really, I mean I don't have to worry about my grades or anything. I get mostly A's so i'm not to bothered about it.

I decide to go to sleep so that I can get enough rest to prepare for tomorrow. I close my eyes and instantly find myself asleep.