three

The first day of school.

I got up and went downstairs to see bacon and eggs on a plate with a note stuck next to it.

Good morning honey,

We had to go to work early so we made bacon and eggs for you and Maddi.

We hope you two have a wonderful first day at school.

We love you x

~ Mom & Dad

I shrug and put the note back on the bench. I sit down and eat my bacon and eggs.

After I finished I walked back up to my room to take a shower then get dressed.

=

I walked downstairs to see Madison sitting on the couch texting.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I ask her grabbing my keys. She nods and follows me out the door. We get in my car and drive to school.

"Excited?" I ask glancing at Madison before focusing my eyes back on the road.

"I guess," She shrugs. "More nervous though," She adds.

"Yeah I know, me too," I say.

"You don't have anything to worry about though, if you need help or you feel alone at lunch just come find me," I tell her.

We arrive at Eastwood High. I park in the parking lot and we both get out.

She hugs me and says goodbye and hurries off to go get her schedule.

I lock my car and walk to the front office. The lady gives me my schedule and my locker number.

I walk through the busy hallway and bump into someone. She drops all her books and I bend down to help her pick them up.

We both stand up and I hand her the books.

"I am so so sorry. I shouldn't of been rushing" I say awkwardly.

"It's okay! Oh and thank you for helping me pick up my books, I'm Emily, you must be new!" She says sticking her hand out. I shake her hand and introduce myself.

"Well hey, do you wanna sit with me at lunch?" She asks trying to hold her all books.

"Sure, that would be great!" I say laughing a little. The bell rings and we both say bye before rushing to our classes.

I arrive just in time for my first class. Math.

I sit infront of this random boy and he taps me on the shoulder.

"Damn you're fine as hell, you're definitely new here," He says biting his lip while he checks me out.

"Keep your eyes to yourself weirdo," I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Mm feisty, I like that" He says licking his lips.

"I'm Taylor, Taylor Caniff. You better get used to it because you'll be screaming it soon" He says winking.

"I honestly thought you would be able to come up with better perverted lines than that," I spit before getting up to move to a different seat. He shrugs and slouches in his chair.

"So she knows how to use her mouth! Hopefully she knows how to use it for other things. " I turn around and look at him with disgust.

"You're absolutely disgusting" I snap. I sit back down in the desk in front of him seeing as there aren't any others left.

The teacher then walks in and sets his things down. He stands back up and claps his hands together.

"Hello class, I am Mr. Jenkins and I will be your math teacher for this year" He says cheerfully.

I roll my eyes and sigh, this day is already going badly.

About 10 minutes into the lesson I feel a pair of eyes staring into the back of my head.

"Now class I will be right back. I think I left some things in the staff room, behave while I am gone" Mr Jenkins says before hurrying out the class.

I take this as a chance to turn around to Taylor.

"Sorry to break it to you, but staring won't give you the power to see through my clothes" I say.

"Why would I need a power like that when I could just rip them off myself" He says smirking leaning closer.

That's it. I punch him square in the face and the class hollers.

The teacher walks back into the room and everyone instantly becomes silent.

His face is shocked when he see's Taylor.

"Mr Caniff what happened to your nose?!" He says before rushing over to him . Taylor looks at me and I glare at him.

"I-I was falling asleep and my face smacked into the desk sir" He says lying.

"Right, well we'll get Marcus to take you to the nurse's office right now," He says assigning a random boy in the class to aid Taylor to the nurse.

As they walk out Taylor turns around and winks at me.

When will this kid give up?

Afterwards the teacher goes back to the whiteboard and continues with the lesson.

=

When the lesson finished I walk over to my locker and put my stuff away. I shut my locker and find Taylor leaning against the one beside me. He had a bandage across his nose but still had the same irritating smirk on his face.

"Hey babe, I may have a messed up nose but i'm still sexy," He says coming closer to me.

"In what world?" I say as I shove him away and walk to the cafeteria to find Emily.

I see her and she runs up to me.

"Hey Alana! Come sit with us!" She says before pulling my arm and dragging me to her table.

When we sit down I see three boys and two other girls.

"Hey guys, this is Alana! It's her first day!" She says pointing to me. I awkwardly smile and wave.

"Hi I'm Cameron!" The boy with soft brown hair says.

'He's not that bad looking' I thought to myself.

"I'm Jack, Jack Johnson" The blonde boy says.

His introduction sounded super familiar.

I mentally cringe as I realise he had introduced himself in the same way as Taylor.

"Hi I'm Mia" The blonde girl says before taking a bite of her apple.

"Oh Alana by the way, Mia is my twin sister," Emily tells me.

I figured they looked similar.

I nod as the last person introduces themselves.

"And I am Jack Gilinsky" The beautiful brown eyed boy says.

This boy looks like he was made by the lords above my oh my.

I find myself gazing at him until I snap out of my trance and look away from Jack.

"Don't worry, no girl can resist staring at my gorgeous face" Jack says winking.

I feel my cheeks turn red and butterflies swarm my stomach.

I've never met someone who made me feel like this.