twenty three

Three weeks.

Three weeks since the thing that happened between me and Lana.

Three weeks that i've been the one to feel guilty because I know,

I can't be with her.

"Hey baby" She says running up and hugging me from behind.

"So what adventure shall we do today?" She says grabbing my hands, swinging them.

I couldn't take it anymore, it was all too much.

I'm not the person to lie and this is far from my usual.

"Cameron?" She asked waving a hand infront of my face.

"U-uh Lana, can I talk to you?" I ask biting my lip.

"Babe you're scaring me, what's wrong?" She asked, her smile disappearing.

"Don't be silly, there's nothing to be scared about" I said trying my hardest not to sadden her.

"Okay" I said taking a deep breath.

"Lana, i'm going to put it this way okay, let's just say you're going to go on your own adventures now, without me" I said attempting to smile.

She backed away and bit her lip.

I could see the tears forming in her eyes.

"Y-you're breaking up with me?" She choked.

"Lana, baby look, yes okay, yes I am breaking up with you, but not because I don't love you because I am so in love with you ok-"

"If you're so in love with me why are you dumping me!" She yelled tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Lana, listen! I'm breaking up with you because theres someone you should be with, and it's not me"

She started breathing heavily and wiped her tears.

"What are you talking about" She sobbed.

"Jack" I softly said.

"What about him, he means nothing to me" She said, I could tell it was hard for her to say that about Jack.

"Yes he does, he means a lot to you, Lana when you cheated on me I could see that you were better off with him rather than me, yeah I treat you like a princess I guess but he could do the exact same and I know you'll always feel something for him. You guys are like soulmates I guess" I weakly smiled.

"Impossible" She quietly says.

"Matt is my soulmate" She whispers.

I walk over to her and hug her.

"I'll never stop being in love with you, but we just aren't meant to be baby" I whisper into her ear.

"How does that even work?" She cries.

"Well that's the same for Matt isn't it?"

"What?"

"Well you're still in love with him, but it just can't be, more reasons than others"

"Okay"

"Okay? What do you mean okay"

"I mean that I agree, I love you Cameron but I don't think i'm meant to be with you" She says releasing from my grip.

"Thank you for all our memories together, i'll cherish them forever" She smiles.

"Anytime baby girl" I say giving her one last kiss.

I'm going to miss those soft lips.

- l -

I don't know why, I don't feel sad.

I think it's because I felt it coming and deep down I knew we weren't meant to be together.

But there's one person I am meant to be with,

Jack.

I walked over to my car and got in driving to Jack's house.

When I got there I knocked on his front door but got no answer but I knew he was home because his car was in the driveway.

I saw the door was unlocked so I walked in calling out Jack's name.

I walked into the living room and there I saw Jack and Paige practically naked on the couch making out.

"Oh my god, i'm so sorry" I said shaking my head and running out of his house.

"Lana? Shit, Lana wait! Come back!" I could hear him yell from a far.

I ran all the way home and attempted to open the door, which appeared to be locked and I had no key because it's in the car that's at Jacks.

Great.

I sat on the front steps and suddenly felt my phone buzz.

"Hello? Mom?"

"Lana, come to the hospital quick! Madison's awake!" I immediately jumped up and ran to the hospital.

She's awake.