Monster

(A/N: two little announcements before the update, and plz check the warnings this is quite dark 
1. Updates on this book are changing, becoming more irregular. It's become more of a chore to work on oneshots, and so this will be updated when something is written, rather than on a schedule. My other books should stay the same...it's much easier to be motivated to write an ongoing book, I've found. that's a decision that's taken weeks to come to, and I do apologise for the disappointment there. Hopefully my reasoning makes sense. 
2. I've just started a cover contest for the newest book I'm starting after Uncovered Illusion ends. If you're interested, curious, all that, feel free to check the latest update to 'I Complain Too Much' which has the info. It ends 11th July 2020. 

tw: sadistic taekook, torture, murder, violence against children, serial killer lifestyles, violence in general, victim blaming, guns, fire, knives, bad writing, references to sex. obviously i don't think taekook are like this irl)

"No, please, I swear, I'll do anything! Just don't hurt them!" 

There's a moment of heavy silence, one that's punctured with the sound of a thumping heartbeat, the delicious sound of someone's panicked breathing. I can practically taste his fear on my tongue, it hangs so close in the air around us, no matter how hard he tries to hide it. 

My victim isn't a stranger to me, but he doesn't need to know that. I've been following him for the last few weeks, finding out his habits, seeking out the people who matter to him, learning about all of his worst fears. I could tell anyone all of his secrets, and his entire life could crumple into nothing. But this isn't my intention. Not this time. This time, I just want to have a little fun. 

Sometimes it's nice to destroy someone internally. But my hands have itched for something a little more creative, a little more dramatic, and so I have found my latest target. He's middle-aged, with a wife and children, who lay tied up like chickens going for the slaughter. My plan is to break him, watch him cry out, watch him plead for mercy. He will watch everything he loves go down in flames, and then he will die. 

"You are in no place to make demands, Mr Lee," my lover's voice speaks from beside me, cutting into the regular rhythm of sound and changing the pattern, speeding up the tempo slightly. My own heart skips a beat at the sound of his voice, for it is like a melody over the music of our victim's pain. When all of this is over, we will celebrate the fact that another fantasy has come to life, in our own little way. 

The man throws himself to the floor, folds himself over his torso, crying out various promises of money, of servitude. None of it interests me, so I step forward, onto his hand. When he screams in pain, his wife lets out a cry, and my lover glances over at me, raising one perfect eyebrow. I just nod, and a smile crosses his face for a moment, a dark look appearing in those beautiful eyes for a moment. 

We are a team, the two of us, but when one of us secures a target, we are allowed to control the way things work on the night. If we have a particular plan, we can play it out. We have the authority. Because we both enjoy the thrill that comes from feeling a blade slide through flesh like raw steak, the excitement of a bone crushing under a blow, the music of the screams of those who are unlucky enough to cross our path. 

This is my night, but we both allow each other to have our fun. This is our little hobby, so we partake in the main murder together. But the final blow comes from the leader of the night, and he gets to decide who kills whom, if it is a multiple killing spree. Like today. 

But I'm not interested in killing his wife, though her death will still be an enjoyable affair. Instead, my focus is on breaking him down until he goes mad. If Taehyung wants to have some fun and cause some pain for his family members, it only helps my cause.