Animals

There's a beautiful beam on my boyfriend's (already gorgeous) face, familiarly rectangular, and part of me wonders if anyone else sees the glowing look in his eyes. "Kookie, Kookie, just look at them! They're so cute!" he coos enthusiastically, voice dripping with affection and adorable excitement.

I smile fondly at him, placing a palm on his lower back and using the contact as an excuse to move closer, slipping my left arm around his slender waist. "Heart-warming," I say quietly, and he turns in my hold to poke me on the nose, a childish giggle erupting out of him as he does so.
"You're not looking at them," he complains, pouting, "so how do you know whether they're cute?"

I smirk a little, my grip on his waist tightening ever so slightly, and press my lips to his forehead. "I was talking about something else, sweetheart," I tell him casually, watching in awe as his face blooms a pretty rose, and his hands come up to hide the blush rising on his cheeks.
"That was uncalled for," he scolds, lightly hitting my chest, the gesture not causing any pain at all, just pure amusement.

I chuckle, glancing up at the penguin exhibit and realising that my hyung is correct. They really are cute.

"I guess you're right," I admit, as he turns in my hold to watch the flightless flock of birds again, eyes wide with innocent excitement. "They are pretty cute, I guess," I add on, when he glances over, confused. "Are there any other animals you wanted to see, or are we gonna stay here the whole time?"

He giggles, shaking his head at me. "Don't be silly, we've got to go look at the lions and the giraffes and the antelopes and some of the birds (because they're so pretty) and then we've got to get some food. I also wanna see the meerkats and the tigers and the polar bears - did you know there's a baby one it's gonna be so cute! And-"

"Okay, Tae," I interrupt gently, pressing my lips against the side of his head to bring him out of his excited reverie, "we'll look at them all, and I'll buy you food. On one condition." He frowns in confusion, glancing over at me and raising an eyebrow.
"What?"
"I must be allowed to kiss you if I want to," I state firmly, lifting my head immaturely and pouting slightly.

Taehyung just giggles. "You can do that anyway, Kookie," he reminds me, leaning into my hold ever so slightly. "You don't need to bribe me with food and animals to get me to kiss you. You just have to not throw up." At the baffled expression on my face, he quickly elaborates on his point. "Because vomit tastes disgusting anyway and who kisses someone who's just been sick, that's just asking for germs!?"

I chuckle slightly, nodding in agreement. "I promise to not throw up," I say firmly, and he beams at me, kissing my nose without warning, the gesture doing funny things to my heart. "God, you're adorable. What did I do to deserve you?" He shrugs.
"Ask me out? Protect me from evil people? Let me move in with you when my parents broke up?" he replies, slightly sassily, and I smile.

"That's not something particularly special, Tae. Anyone would do the same in my position," I tell him calmly, allowing him to drag me to the next exhibit without complaint.
"Yeah, but you're special because you're the one that did that for me," he argues quietly, a glint of pure fondness hidden somewhere in his eyes.

We carry on talking about similar topics for the rest of the day, casual conversation that, as always, reminds me how lucky I am to be the one that Kim Taehyung chose to spend time with today. The one that he ended up falling in love with.

It seems arrogant, for me to just claim that I know how he feels toward me, to just state that I am the one he would marry if proposed to. But I can just see it, in the way his eyes glow when he looks at me, in the way he always seems to want some form of physical contact with me so that he knows that I'm always there. The constant embraces. Kisses on the cheek. Lazy mornings, waking up to the sight of him walking in with some form of breakfast food.