Dog Days Are Over

"TOUCH ME WITH YOUR COLD FEET ONE MORE TIME, I SWEAR I WILL THROW YOU TO THE DOGS!"
"Babe, it's literally 2am," Jungkook groans, turning over at the sound of his boyfriend's voice. Taehyung sits up slightly to glare at him.
"Just because you sleep with your feet out of the covers like some sort of child of Satan doesn't mean I want them anywhere near my legs when I'm trying to sleep!"

The younger male raises an eyebrow. "Tae, it was literally an accident. I've got to get up again in about four hours, and you're shouting at me about my feet? Really?" His boyfriend avoids his gaze, now feeling a little guilty. "Oh, baby, it's okay. I know what you're like," he murmurs, kissing the other on the forehead and then rolling back onto his side. "Let's try and get back to sleep."

Just as he's beginning to relax again, the dog registers that they're awake, and starts up a barking fit, demanding attention. Jungkook groans again, this time an unintelligible sound that tells Tae that he is NOT going downstairs to tell the Pomeranian that he needs to just shut up. So Taehyung gets up, shuffles down the stairs. sends the dog back to sleep, and then sneaks back into bed as quickly as he can.

"Thanks."
"Anytime. Try and get some sleep now, Kook."
"You know, I was trying to."

Taehyung doesn't reply, knowing better than to continue the argument and prolong the amount of time that they're awake for. Jungkook has a long day ahead of him tomorrow, and there's no point restricting the amount of energy he has to face the whole thing. They've been together long enough for him to be aware of his boyfriend's limits. This is one of them.

The older male wakes up to an empty bed, something he's familiar with when his boyfriend has an early start, though it doesn't worry him about the other's loyalty to their relationship. There's a small note on the pillow beside him, one that simply tells him that breakfast is served downstairs, that Jungkook loves him, that he should be able to text him at some point today.

For Tae, that's good enough.

Jungkook's long days aren't that often, so it's bearable. He works in a office in the middle of the city, with a team of workers. The company he works for sells items of clothing that support people dealing with gender dysphoria, and he's in the creative department, helping to figure out new designs of better, safer clothes for those who need them.

A long day means a meeting, means a new idea. It means that something new has been created, a new design of a dress perhaps designed for a trans woman to make it look like she has the chest she desires. Or an oversized hoodie designed for those who don't like to present any gender, created to be shapeless in all ways.

It could even be hair dye. Could be a meeting to discuss the charity of the year, which they'll support for the whole year. Could be anything. Meetings are a part and parcel of the work that Jungkook does, and his boyfriend is majorly proud of him for doing it.

This can literally change lives, these sorts of things, and the two of them are no stranger to that.

Taehyung eats his breakfast slowly, gets dressed, walks the dog. And then he opens up his laptop, checks his emails, and gets started.

His line of business is a little more freelance than Jungkook's office role, but he's a self-employed web designer, offering discounted rates to charities and giving advice to smaller businesses trying to get their feet in the door. To supplement that, he also writes an article for a magazine, every week.

When it gets to Jungkook's lunch break, he gets himself food from the canteen, sits down, and then takes out his phone and calls the older male.

Taehyung picks up in seconds, as he always does. "Good afternoon, my dearest. How's the graft?" he jokes. The younger chuckles to himself.
"Babe, please. If I laugh to myself here, people will think I've gone mad."
"You're literally on the phone, though?"