33. "What's our clock?"

Start from the beginning

"It's painful to not know what to do with broken feelings," Jimin puts aside his clipboard and sat more comfortably encouraging Fiela to go on, giving her his attention. "Go on, I'm listening,"

"It was until a couple of weeks ago, that Jungkook brought guests over for dinner, including Taehyung. But to say I was happy is an understatement, I was beyond zealous when I saw her. I felt like my heart grew too big for my chest. She immediately ran to me and engulfed me in the biggest hug. I swear I was so happy that moment. That dinner went by perfectly and just by her presence being there I knew that I wouldn't let her go again, especially since now since there's no office hours and all that. Jungkook is assigned to her as her watchman." She smiles lightly but it slowly goes away. "Apparently the years that we've spent apart were not so good to her. She was struggling with life and just kept everything to herself. I learnt that she had ran away multiple times from the orphanage and even stolen a lot from the streets and shops and was a disturbance at school. It broke my heart so badly hearing all those things, she told me herself but of course she hid those crucial detail which I later on learnt from my husband. But since Jungkook was assigned to her, and since she started..trusting him, things became better. Because now she's very free with us, she comes over to our home and just..it feels like she belongs there, like she belongs with us." I hug myself thinking about her.

Jimin nods his head with his modest smile. "Okay, so what's wrong?"

She thinks for a moment before looking back up to Jimin. "I can feel myself getting attached to her again. I can feel it in me that she's my root and my blood and that I love her so much. Not only that, but Jungkook too. Although he hasn't said it, I know he loves her presence. Especially with the whole Aufilea thing going on and the tension, it does feel really good when Olivia is over and he smiles with her or how he generally treats her.  Even Gem and Gemma love when she's around. Heck she also loves being around us, sometimes we even keep her at our house overtime only to realise that she has curfew at the orphanage,"

"So..." Jimin shrugs his shoulders with a mischievous smile. "Why don't you adopt her?"

Fiela looks up to him with a surprised face, wondering over the option. "That would be a good idea... I've thought about it a lot but then I begin to wonder...about our home and how we live compared to how she lives,"

"You and your husband can talk about it and can come to a decision," he suggests with a little nod. "But you have to remember that there is no perfect family, but their is a perfect home. That home is only perfect when there is love. So much love,"

"I like that a lot," Fiela smiles at his words. "And my husband and I can talk about it... but...what if she doesn't want us as her family? Or what if my husband refuses? You know his work has been really hectic and this whole thing with Aufilea..what if she doesn't get along with Aufilea or even–"

Jimin groans with a soft chuckle. "Doubts, doubts and more doubts. What have I told you about doubts? They stop you from achieving anything in life. So let's do this, take a chance with her, take a chance with... Ophelia..."

"Olivia," I correct him and he nods.

"My bad," Jimin apologetically smiles. "Take a chance with her, take a chance with Olivia,"

Night time

Jungkook is on his way home in the dark, feeling so exhausted and drained. He gets much lighter when seeing his driveway coming up right ahead. He wanted nothing more then to be in his warm bed with Fiela. Just thinking about his wife makes him smile but he's brought out of his thoughts about her as soon as his phone begins to ring vigorously in his car speaker causing him to jolt into cop mode. He presses the answer button getting blown away by the loud shrieking voice that bombs through the speaker. It's Baekhyun.

"Sir! Code red! The man's about to blow the house!"

Jungkook's eyes widen and he starts reversing in the empty street and already driving with full speed towards the main roads. "Where's the family?"

"In the house sir!" Baekhyun says aloud sounding like he's running.

"Alright I'll be there soon." The call ends and immediately Jungkook's vehicle speeds past the highway almost causing multiple of accidents. He puts his siren on already driving way past the speed limit. As he nears the house, the car breaks immediately stopping by the squad of other gathered vehicles in red and blue. He quickly gets out and hurriedly puts on his bullet proof vest before he closes his boot of his car making his way to the rest of men who were on lookout, just as others have an their bulletproof vest and are getting their weapons ready.

He pants but immediately has his game face on. "Situation?"

"It's gotten worse sir." The officer next to him speaks up.

"We've got no time to waste men. Kai make sure the houses nearby are under lockdown just in case he wants to escape and run inside them and make sure they're empty. I repeat, empty." He address the man who nods his head already running to make sure that the houses where empty and the residents were at a safe distance. Jungkook looks around seeing all the man. "Gentlemen what we have here is 4 people, 2 wounded officers and a bomber, the husband. Bomber has already sealed the house inside out and wants a large sum of money. The two injured officers are in bad condition and the 4 family members are in critical condition."

"What's our clock?" One man asks.

Baekhyun answers. "He gave us one hour, that gives us 23 minutes."

"No time to waste! Alright seven men on the roof by the windows, you know what to do. The rest with Baekhyun at the garage and you four with me. Be stale. Give me that radio. Let's move!"

_______________
Chapter 33