20. "I Need To Know Him"

2 weeks later: Wednesday

"What do you say?" Director V asks Aufilea. "Would you like to go?"

It was yet, another great opportunity for her to be recognised as an actress. So far, Director V had been so kind and almost kin to invite her or to tag along with him as he attended banquets, ceremonies, reviews, behind the scenes set up and all sorts of other events. When he took her along with him he always regarded her as a merit and introduced her to all the other greats. He really was a mentor, he opened plenty of doors and opportunities for her - that even the Instructor was confused as to why thee Director V had so much energy in him. In her mind she thought that maybe this was his way of apologizing for the kiss (which they never spoke about- ever) that happened almost two weeks ago.

"Of course I'd like to go," she says with a bright smile. A banquet sounded really fun; food and people all mixing together to get inspiration and motivation and recognition- this is how people got through in the industry. Through connections and having good people that can guide you through it all.

He grins and leans back on his seat focusing on his laptop. "I wasn't going to go, since it's usually the Instructor who goes on behalf of the Entertainment. But then I thought I could do it this time, after all we are celebrating your achievement in joining our Entertainment,"

She rubs her red neck in excitement. "I don't even know if I got in,"

The final week of internship had arrived and it was time to choose which one of the interns would get the position in the entertainment. They would announce the members on the coming Friday.

"Have faith kid," Taehyung says, reading his final dialogue lines for the script. He had been working on his next coming film that would be a Korean animation with casting voices and actually drawing rather than real people. He was planning on having Aufilea cast as the main female's voice. He shuts his laptop down and rises from his seat. "Would you like a lift?"

"Yeah,"

______________________________

Jungkook and Fiela's miscommunication raised over the past weeks. She had forgiven him and even heard him out as he spoke, but for her own safety she kept quiet.

If possible, Fiela could last the longest in the silent treatment game. Despite her nature of being talkative, she found it much easier to be silent and enjoyed the company of her growing belly. It wasn't visible as much yet but she began feeling it, the pair of life forming in her.

Fiela rubs her belly in a circular motion enjoying the sun on her skin as she sat on her chair watching her young girls play in the pool. It was holiday time for the twins and they wanted to have a couple of their friends for a sleepover.

Gem had been keeping to her dad's words and began shining. Slowly but surely. She was opening up and being a bit more talkative- only saying things that made sense. It was especially peculiar for someone of her age. She could hold a smart conversation with adults now days. Gemma liked seeing her sister that way. She felt that her sister had finally become more 'fun' to hang around with. This made Fiela happy.

"Hey mum," Aufilea greets from inside the house. She removes her jacket and bag leaving them on the table before joining her mum in the backyard outside. It's a long walk to the built sitting area set, but she finally makes it. She takes a seat already drinking some of the strawberry fizz drink in her mum's glass.

"You're home early?" Fiela checks her clock seeing that it was still 12. Jungkook's break was at 13:50 and Aufilea usually finished somewhere around 15:00. "Is your dad here?"

"No, Director V dropped me," Aufilea responds leaning back on her chair.

Fiela turns her chair to Aufilea and puts her toasted cheese down, covering her light kimono over her stomach- still keeping a careful eye on the young girls in the pool. "I remember you wanted to talk to me about Director V,"

"I did?" Aufilea tries to remember. "Uh.."

"You wanted tell me but I had nightshift," Fiela says trying to help speed up the memory of Aufilea. But the truth was, Aufilea didn't want to tell her mum anything about Director V. Not yet at least. It was getting complicated with the kiss and how she thought she knew him.

She seals her lips together but decides against it and finally speaks. "I remember telling dad that I felt this... This weird feeling that I already know who Director V is. That I knew him even way before I mat him. And because I feel that way, it makes me want to get to know him. I think maybe it's because I like him. I like him a lot, I might even have a crush on him...but then when I think about him or the ki- I mean uh...when I think about us like maybe trying to work things out. It feels so wrong. I can't even imagine having those kind of feelings for him.."

Fiela's heart thuds and she stares at the table. The thought of even thinking about Aufilea and Taehyung was already an abomination. Taehyung was Andrea's husband, Andrea was Fiela's sister and Aufilea was Fiela's daughter. It would make no sense at all and it would be so disrespectful. She couldn't allow her daughter to have that mindset. Neither could she allow for her daughter to try things out with the Director who was like 40?

"That's because he's probably a forty or fifty year old man," Fiela says. Not only that but because he was her uncle.

Aufilea sarcastically laughs. "Funny. Dad said the same thing. But what can I say, great minds think alike," Aufilea shakes her head. "You don't get it mum. It's like I love him but for some reason he feels like something more... like family to me. But it doesn't feel right the way it is right now. It's like I'm missing something," Aufilea starts thinking about Andrea and how much they looked alike.

"Sweety, love for an older man is wrong. I think you're in love with his fame and money, that it's making you see and think differently," Fiela starts with her eyes wide that yet daughter used the 'L' word to describe her feelings. "It doesn't feel right because he's as old as your dad. You can't imagine yourself marrying or even dating someone in that age group,"

Aufilea chuckles. "That's not the point, and I don't like him because of his money, it's just sometimes out of nowhere..you get drawn to a person. I don't know how to explain it. But... I need to know him,"

"There's something you're not telling me. I can feel it." Fiela analyses. "But I won't force you. I'll wait,"

Aufilea glances at her mum, catching something that she never noticed through out the whole conversation. "Is there something you're not telling me mum?" She inherited her good perspective eyes from Jungkook and right now in her mum's eyes she saw something that stressed her.

The question takes Fiela by storm and she halts for a moment trying not to show her emotions through her actions. She plays it safe. "Is there something I need to know?" She asks again.

Aufilea looks at the pool and brings out her phone. "No."

"Okay," Fiela shrugs her shoulders. The conversation turned into a silent battle, where both parties knew that either of them was lying about something.

She's lying to me about something. But what could it be?
________________________________
Chapter 20