21. "Lied."

Friday : Ceremony at 6pm

The moment I've been waiting for all my life has finally come. To accomplish one of my biggest dreams of being an actress. To bring characters from a page out into real life. I've watched movies and felt the emotion, the manner and integrity in which some actors bring out their characters personality by the simple expressions of their body language, facial features and gestures. I'm ready for this, for this industry, I'm ready to bring my game to the next level.

Which is why when The Instructor calls out my name and I hear the applauds, I exhale as I've finally made it in. I take my stand and walk to the stage with so much confidence and thrill. I've worked my whole life for this moment, for this one gift placed in me.

Others follow money and do extravagant things in order to get noticed, but yet I've chosen to use my passion and gift as a medium to bring me money. I know that money only follows you when you're good at what you do. I stand next to Kihyun on the stage as I'm awarded with a logo badge of the company and a whole black fancy bag full of company goods. I grin when the flash light hits my face, loads of people taking me pictures.

Standing on the stage looking out to the crowd of company staff, my fellow interns as well as the directors and shareholders I feel a strong and heavy load come upon my shoulders. One stress is gone and another one arrives.

However, my heart rate steadies when I catch Director V's gaze avert to my own. The intimidating persona fades from his eyes only leaving a carefree smirk in acknowledgement. This boosts me more causing me to fix my posture. Tiwa claps from her seat and is not expected to hear her name being called. I feel sorry for her when the Instructor gives out his apologies and farewell as well as an encouraging speech to never give up to those that didn't make it in.

I'm happy when I see not even a single bit of defeat on her face. Tiwa would make it in life with her attitude. She was definately not going to give up but instead reach out to maybe something even more better.

When the gathering ends and the high staff members including the Directors begin to great us on stage, I have chills. Director V is barely visible when it's around this time. They all have bright smiles and soft hands.

At the end I get off the stage and head to where Tiwa is seated, still with a very strong smile.

"Congratulations Aufi," she grins and draws me in a tight hug. "I'm happy at least one of us got in,"

"Don't say things like that," I smile when we part. "More opportunities will come your way after this, I swear,"

"Yeah especially since I got rejected here," She says sarcastically. "But honestly you deserve this. I was even lucky enough to have gotten accepted as an intern. I wasn't yet ready but now with the new skills I've learnt, I can see what to do,"

I smile and we hug once again. She's been a really sweet person. "Promise me we'll stay in touch?"

She huffs and chuckles."Of course, we'll keep in touch and still have our daily break in the cafe. As we pretend to order food but actually we're just staring at people and figuring out what their thinking,"

I enter into Director V's office hoping to see him but it's empty. It's actually weird that his office is empty. For the shortest of times I've known him, I know that he practically lives in his office and when he's not in the office he locks it. I shrug my shoulders walking deeper into the sitting area and sit down taking out my phone. I dial the first number that's on my favourite contacts and bring the phone to my ear with a wide smile.

"Guess what dad?" I ask excitedly. "This gal finally made it in the company!" I laugh all giggly and childishly.

"Th- gre- at- daughter-"