sleepy kisses

A hand softly brushing through your hair caused you to stir awake from your peaceful sleep. You tilted your head back to find that you had fallen asleep in Taylor's arms with your head down on her chest.

"Hey, sleepyhead." She muttered and a tiny giggle fell from her lips when you just sighed and made yourself a little more comfortable in her embrace before closing your eyes once again. "What's the time?"

Taylor looked over at the clock on the wall before replying. "Almost midnight." She said casually while you sat up rather quickly causing Taylor to frown. You still had to drive home. Looking back at the tv, you found that the movie you had been watching together was off.

"It ended like an hour ago."

You looked back at your girlfriend with furrowed brows then reached for your shoes. "And you didn't tell me because?"

She grabbed them from your hands and threw them back on the ground. "Because you were sleeping and I know you had a long week. You're still exhausted, baby. Why don't you just stay with me tonight?"

Her words caused your heart to flutter. "Really?"

Taylor just pulled you back don on the couch and put her arms back around you. "Yeah. We don't even have to leave the couch. We'll just sleep here. Sound good?" You nodded tiredly, somehow managing to keep your eyes open a little longer.

You laid your hand on her cheek and gently pulled her face closer to yours so you could give her a kiss. It was lazy but soft and loving. She pulled back and started to brush her finger across your cheek. "Go back to sleep." She whispered and grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch, throwing it over the both of you.

It was so soft, so cozy; just like her embrace.

You stole another kiss from her lips and then sleepily pecked them one last time before sleep began to take over you. You dropped your head to her chest, cracking a tiny smile as her lips brushed against your forehead and her fingers moved across your arm beneath the blanket.

"Goodnight, sweet girl."

"Goodnight, Taylor. Sweet dreams."

She closed her eyes, too. Letting her head fall against yours, she knew she was bound to have only sweet dreams; how could she not when you were right there beside her, sleeping in her arms?