first kiss

As Taylor walked you up the steps to your house, you felt a wave of sadness crash over you.

This is your third date and yet, neither of you seem to be able to gather up enough nerve to initiate the first kiss.

You heard a sigh fall from her lips. "I had a lot of fun tonight." She said, cracking a smile when you did the same. "Me too. But I always seem to have fun with you."

You felt her take your hand. Her thumb moved across your knuckles in soft circles. You looked down at your intertwined hands and then back up at her to find she was standing closer to you than before... much closer.

Her face was only inches from yours. She was staring at your lips but she looked up into your eyes, wordlessly asking if you wanted to kiss her as badly as she wanted to kiss you. You nodded and when she started to lean in you let your eyes close.

You felt her breath hit your lips before her soft ones touched your own. It was soft and innocent at first, like a little peck. But then you put your hands on her hips and she kissed you again, deeper and more passionate than the last.

She wrapped her arm around your neck while your hands moved to her face, allowing yourself to melt against her lips as she gave you a feeling of happiness that you've never felt with anyone else before.

She slowly pulled away from your lips but she still stayed close to you. Her forehead fell against yours as her pretty smile crossed her face, the one that always made your heart skip a beat or two. "That's the best kiss I've ever had."

You giggled happily. "Me too." She leaned back in and pecked your lips a few times before pulling back completely. "I should go. I have a couple of things I have to do for work tomorrow. But I'll call you? Maybe we can go out again tomorrow?"

You stroked her cheek and stole one more kiss from her lips. "It's a date, baby." You punctuated it with a kiss to her soft cheek, lips lingering for a few seconds before you went inside your house and closed the door behind you.

You squealed quietly before running to the window. Pulling the curtain aside, you saw she was looking your way as she strolled down the sidewalk and before she turned the corner she blew you a kiss.

You heard your phone chime and when you unlocked it you saw it was a text from Taylor.

Already can't wait to see you again tomorrow, beautiful

You pressed the phone to your chest, closing your eyes as a smile crossed your face, your heart hammering against your chest just thinking about what your date with her tomorrow could hold.

You definitely couldn't wait either.