you're drunk and don't recognize her as your girlfriend

The loud bass of the music filled Taylor's ears as she walked inside the club.

She was exhausted, practically dragging her feet with every step she took.

But she was doing her very best to keep her tired eyes open as she looked through the crowd of people inside the club to find you.

"Taylor!"

Somehow, over the loud music and the loud chatter, she heard your best friend's voice and when she looked in the direction, she saw your friend running right to her.

"Thank you for coming."

"Yeah, of course. Thank you for calling." Taylor said as she followed your friend.

"We think it's time we all head home but y/n thinks we should all keep drinking. She's very drunk, Taylor."

Taylor sighed as she spotted you. You're held up by your other friends, so drunk you can't even stand on your own two feet.

"Hey, drunk girl," Taylor giggled as she realized just how giggly and happy you seemed to be. "Are you ready to go home?"

You stared at her, almost looking confused when your eyes met.

She got closer to you and reached out to take your hand but you quickly pulled away, almost hiding behind your very confused friend.

"Home? I'm not going home with you."

"What?" Taylor frowned.

"I have a girlfriend!"

She looked at your friends and then back at you. As it hit all of them that you're so drunk you can't even recognize your girlfriend, they all had to hold back their giggles.

They quickly found out that was much easier said than done.

"You do?" Taylor played along, looking almost bummed out over your response.

"Yes. Her name is Taylor."

"She's very lucky."

Your friends began to giggle.

Even if they wanted to, there's no way they could play along with her.

"You need to go because I'm not going anywhere with you! I'm in love with Taylor and only Taylor."

Taylor shook her head with a laugh.

Although the situation was funny, she also couldn't help the way her heart melted in her chest hearing you say that.

"Okay." She spoke quietly before she took your hand into hers.

She brushed her thumb along your knuckles and stared at you with loving eyes, tilting her head to the side as she waited for it to sink in that she's been there all along.

"Taylor," you smiled crookedly as you moved into her arms. "I'm so happy you're here. This girl tried to get me to go home with her!"

Taylor gasped, faking a look of shock as she wrapped her arm around your waist and grabbed your things from your friends.

"No way."

"I'm telling you the truth, Taylor. Before you showed up, this girl tried to hold my hand and get me to go home with her!"

It took everything for her to stop herself from laughing as she walked you out to the car.

"Unbelievable." She said as she buckled you in.

"I know! But don't worry. I said no. I love you and only you. I'm loyal to you. Trust me, I'm not going home with anyone else. Not ever."

She smiled brightly and kissed your forehead as you closed your eyes.

"That's good to know, baby. I love you too. Now, let's go home."

"Okay. Goodnight." You mumbled as you made yourself comfortable in the passenger seat and began to drift off to sleep.

Taylor just rolled her eyes as a grin tugged at her lips.

"I'm going to have so much fun teasing you about this in the morning." She laughed as she got into the driver's seat and began to drive home.