you can't sleep

You fell onto your back and rubbed your temples.

It's been three hours since you and Taylor decided to call it a night and come to bed. She's been asleep since her head hit the pillow but you can't seem to fall asleep no matter what you try.

You've been tossing and turning but now you're just getting aggravated. You have a very important day tomorrow and at the rate you're going you feel like sleep isn't gonna come around tonight.

Yous at up and threw your head back with a groan. You moved towards the edge of the bed, planning to go grab some water or something, but Taylor stirred and soon reached for your hand. "Y/n? Where are you going?"

You could hear how tired she was. She needed sleep. You didn't wanna keep her awake any longer than she needed to be.

"I'm just having some trouble falling asleep. I was just gonna go get some water. Go back to sleep, babe."

You watched her look toward the clock then back at you. "But it's almost two in the morning. Have you not fallen asleep yet?" You shook your head. "Lay back down with me." She said and she didn't really give you much of a choice because she was tugging at your arm and pulling you up the bed.

She had you lay on your stomach and she started to rub your back.

"Taylor, I know you had a long day and that you're tired. You can go to sleep. I'll be alright."

You then felt her lips touch your shoulder.

"No way. I'm not going to sleep until you fall asleep."

You sighed, telling yourself that it was gonna be a long night and an even longer day tomorrow.

But when Taylor started to hum in your ear and her fingertips started to move across your back you slowly started to relax. You closed your eyes and sighed contently, unknowingly causing Taylor to smile tiredly.

She started to drag her fingers along your spine, moving them up and down your back, applying light pressure to your skin causing it to tingle ever so slightly.

And before you knew it you were so content from her touch that you were actually drifting off to sleep.

A few minutes went by before Taylor recognized the way your back was falling up and down, knowing you so well that she knew your breathing pattern and knew you were sound asleep.

She cracked a smile and kissed your cheek. "Night, y/n," she said and put her arm around you. True to her word, she didn't fall asleep until she knew you were asleep, too.