Scene 31- Pranks and Magpies

Start from the beginning

"No one can get enough chocolate for the load of you," Cole remarks grinning. Leyla shows him her tongue.

"Why would Umbridge give up the prefects? She isn't allowed to do that?," I ask, lost in thoughts once again.

"I wouldn't think too much about that, in the end it will bring you nothing," Cole says looking at me.

"Maybe, but you have to see that there is something odd about that?"

"It is, however, no matter how hard I try to find an answer to that, I won't be able to change it. So just let it go," he shrugs.

"There will be nothing major to it Anne. Maybe she just has more control over the squad," Logan suggests.

"We all know she loves control. Do you think she ever was married?"

Cole just makes a gag noise, holding his hand in front of his mouth: "I'm sorry, that was an allergic reaction to bullshit."

---

I walk into my dorm, sitting down to pick up a book from my luggage, searching through it. Then I just stop and stare into nothing. Sitting very ungraceful wanting nothing more than to lie in the cold floor. So I did. As soon as the cold stone floor reached parts of my skin I let go a sigh and stare at the ceiling.

So many thoughts run through my head. I just want them to stop. I just want a break from this. Why can't I just be a normal kid and not overthink everything? Not even bringing myself in contact with others did help much, otherwise it made it worse.

After some time and me feeling I get tired, I push myself up and leave the room. I need to find George, he'll definitely will be able to distract me. He could be everywhere in this castle, so I start with outside and the Great Hall and then I make my way towards the room of requirement. Chances are high I find them there.

As soon as I turn around a corner out of a hidden passage I find them walking down a corridor, lost in a conversation, laughing and joking with each other. George laughs at something Fred tells him and pushes his sleeves of his purple shirt up a bit. I take a deep breath and walk towards them.

"Hey," I say when I pop up beside him.

"Hey," he grins and instantly puts an arm around me.

"Can we talk for a second? Privately," I add when Fred stops too.

"Sounds like someone is in trouble," Fred teases his brother.

"Am I in trouble?," George asks, looking down at me.

"No not at all, I just need to talk to you."

He nods understandingly and we walk a bit back so we could talk in private. 

"What's wrong?"

"I tried to do something with the others today and I don't know. It's just, I could need your company," I admit looking at my feet.

"Did something happen?"

I shake my head: "No, but I just feel strange all of a sudden again and I don't want to." I take a deep breath. I was doing so well and now?

"Then come along," he offers me and I look up at his reassuring smile.

I walk beside him back to Fred. Feeling even more out of place then before. I can't just demand from him to take time for me? They probably had plans. Not to mention the fact that I still feel strange because of that whole incantatem thingy with Fred.

"Let's go," George says to his brother: "We should see if we could finish our latest product idea."

"With her?," Fred looks at me: "Or why is she here now?"