03 - Romeo & Juliet

Beginne am Anfang

Mrs. Willams grabbed her stuff and quickly left the classroom. The rest of my classmates ran to other classrooms, or went to their lockers.

"Hey Jace and Cathy, I'll go to my girl for a few minutes. I'll be right back." Chase grinned.

"I know you'll cut classes later." Jace said while texting. I just don't know who.

"Haha. you know me too well brother." Chase smiled and quickly dashed out of our classroom. The school's Casanova's schedule sure is busy. I sighed.

I fixed my eyes on Jace who's still texting someone I don't know. I am now curious. I walked towards his chair and peeked. He was texting a girl. Not just any girl. It was Paula Rivera. She's pretty but just not Jace's type.

I read the conversation. Paula texted Jace that she liked her. Jace's fingers poised to reply. Of course, he'd just say no.

"Let's give this a try." Jace said, talking to himself. And he typed back, 'I like you to. Would you be my girl?'

My heart sunk. Not just to my stomach, but to the bottom of my feet. It sunk not because I liked Jace, it sunk because Jace wouldn't have more time for me. He would prioritize his girl.

"Jace, what are you doing?" I asked, brokenhearted.

"You don't want me to be happy?" he asked.

"It's not like that, it's just that you wouldn't have time for me anymore. You would dedicate all your time to her and will eventually forget about me." I said in a very sad tone.

"What are you talking about? I wouldn't forget about you." He replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You are my bestfriend." He said reassuringly.

I smiled and sighed. This guy might be cold hearted, but I wouldn't choose another person to be my best friend.

I sat on my chair and grabbed a pen and started doodling. I was enjoying myself when someone interrupted me.

"Hey babe." Some girl said in a cute yet a little slutty way. I looked and saw no other than Paula Rivera.

"Hey." Jace replied. Not looking at Paula.

Paula looked at me and rolled her eyes. Not that I mind anyways. I really don't care.

"You should move to another seat 'cause I'm Jace's girlfriend and I should be the one seated beside him." Paula said while smirking.

I just didn't mind her and continued doodling. I had an even better idea, I grabbed my earphones and plugged my iPod, although I didn't play anything. It's just for show.

"ARE YOU DEAF BITCH?!" Paula shouted. The room fell silent. The whole class looked towards us. I stood up, removed my earphones and set it on the table.

"Now you've really made me angry bitch." I said while looking at her with fire in my eyes.

"Oooohhh, I'm soooooo scared!" She mocked. That's when I bursted.

PAAAAAACK!

I slapped her. With such strength that she almost fell down. I just noticed that throughout the scene, Jace was still reading his book.

Paula had tears welling in her eyes. She was about to cry. Well, I was a volleyball player once, that slap gotta hurt.

She immediately rushed to Jace, who was still sitting, reading his book. She hugged him and cried on his shoulder.

"Jace, see what she did? Huhu, she slapped me Jace, she slapped me so hard! Huhu..." She said while crying.

I just sat down and continued doodling. There was nothing more to do anyway.

Jace replied to Paula, "I don't care." The whole room gasped. I didn't even know they were still listening. I just laughed silently and continued doodling.

"Is that how you treat your girlfriend? How dare you!" she screamed and lifted her hand in a position that looks like she's about to slap Jace.

"I would not do that if I were you." Jace warned without even looking at Paula. She looked shocked and she walked away, screaming in anger.

By the moment she left, I sat there, laughing my ass out. This is hilarious! But still, a question still wanders around my head. And I chose this moment to ask Jace about it.

"Jace, why'd you pick her?" I looked at him and asked.

"I've never experienced love Rine. Don't you think its time for me to try it?" He replied and smiled. Well, I was about to tell him that he chose the wrong woman, but as long as he's happy, even if he marries Ursula, I wouldn't interfere.