Gender Reveal Party

Nicole's p.o.v.

     I was sitting in Sean's hospital room waiting for him to get ready to leave back home. Sean walked out of the bathroom and said, "Okay, let's go preggers!" I looked up and laughed, then we head out to my car. Once we got into the car I looked over at Sean and said, "Let's go shopping for some party treats that tells people the baby is a boy." He agreed and we were off.

We were almost to the store when I gasped and said, "Holy Shit, Sean! I never told my parents that we were having a baby and now I'm just going to reveal that we are having a baby boy!" Sean laughed and said, "It's a double surprise. We should go to the t-shirt shop and make Josh and Ally grandparent shirts?" I nodded and that's where we headed first in stead of the store. Once we got there we told the worker that we need one blue and one pink shirt and we would like them to say, 'The best dad/mom's become grandpa/grandma's.' they said that the shirts would be done within an hour.

Sean and I got to the party store and started to grab all things blue for snacks and decorations. As we were paying I got a phone call from the t-shirt place saying our shirts are ready to be picked up. Once we left the store we went an got our shirts and the worker congratulated us on the baby. Then we were off to the house to decorate. When we were done I called my parents, Patrick, and Lyssa to come to the house around 5ish because we had a surprise.

*skip to 5*

Everyone showed up and I told everyone to wait right by the front door and that I had a gift for my parents. Sean and I came back with gift bags with the shirts in them and hand them to my parents. Next thing we hear is my dad yelling, "Sean! Marrying my daughter wasn't enough to fuck with, so you had to go and knock her up as well!" Then, Lyssa screamed and said, "I get another sibling to teach bad things to!" I looked at her, smiled, and said, "Lyssa, you know by the time this kids is old enough to drink you will be in or almost your 40's?" She looked at me and said, "Way to make things not fun! Just to do the same thing to you. You know when your kid is 21 my dad, your husband will be almost 70!" I stopped laughing and said, "Oh shut the fuck up Lyssa. Let's make a deal no talking about how old we will be when the kid is old enough to drink." We shook on it and hugged. As I stepped back Sean said, "If you follow us to the kitchen you will find out the gender." 

We got into the kitchen and dad said, "Okay, I'm not mad anymore since you are having a boy and I can take him hunting/fishing and teach him boy shit." My dad came up to us hugged me and shook Sean's hand. The rest of the night we at dinner and talking about the baby and if we had names picked yet or how we are going to decorate the nursery.