A Year Later

Nicole's p.o.v.

Sean and I have been married for a year now. And it's also the day that I tell him that I am pregnant! 

I was in the kitchen making some sugar cookies, when I heard the door open. In walked Patrick and he was shocked to see me and I was shocked to see him as it was 10 am on a Tuesday (a school day). So I said, "What are you doing home?" He tried walking away, but I grabbed his backpack and said, "No, I don't think so. Now, tell me what's going on?" He sighed and said, "It's about you and my dad." I gave him a questioning look and he said, "Kids were saying shit and it was pissing me off, so I called my mom to have her call the school and get me signed out for the rest of the day." I sighed and said, "Okay, I don't know what to tell, other than you just have to be the bigger person sometimes and confront them. If that doesn't work fucking punch them in the face." We both laughed and Pat hugged me. As we got up I asked, "Do you want to help me make cookies for a special occasion?" He agreed and went to bake some cookies.

*2 hours later*

The cookies were all done baking and cooling off. So now its time to decorate them. When I was grabbing the frosting Patrick asked, "So, what are these cookies for anyway?" I smiled real big and said, "Do you want to know a secret that nobody knows about me?" He nods and I go to my purse and pull out the ultrasound picture and had it to Patrick. He grabs it and looks at it for a few, then looks at me happy and says, "Are you having a baby? Am I going to be an older brother?" I smiled and said, "Yes! I'm making these cookies to tell your dad that we are having a baby!" Patrick smiles and gives me a hug.

*Skip to Sean being home*

I hid the cookies so, Sean wouldn't find them until I could give them to him. I was laying on the couch reading the book, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas ( author's note: If you have not read this book, you should it's really great), when Sean enters the living room. I smiled up at him, but he ignored me and went straight to the bedroom. He usually stops and gives me a kiss before he gets out of his uniform.

I followed Sean to the bedroom. Once I got in there I asked Sean, "Hey, honey is everything alright?" He snapped and yelled, "DO I LOOK ALRIGHT TO YOU?" I looked at him shocked and didn't say anything and just walked out of the room and into the kitchen. I started grabbing ingredients to make fajitas. I was getting ready to make the fajitas when Sean comes out and says/yells, "WHY THE HELL DID YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME WHEN I ASKED YOU A QUESTION?" Stopped what I was doing and looked at him like 'are you serious'? Then proceeded to tell him, "I walked away from you because you snapped at me for no fucking reason. I simply asked if everything was alright." He walked over to me and said, "Why would everything be alright? People are saying shit about our relationship and I was told to take two weeks off because I started a fight with Brad!"

I looked at him and hugged him. Then said, "Hey, like I told Patrick earlier. You have to be the bigger person even if you don't want to. And that means no starting fights." Sean smiled at me and said, "I know. I'm sorry for snapping at you. Can I help make dinner?" I nodded and said, "I want to give you dessert before dinner though. Stay here I'll go grab it." I ran out to my car and grabbed the cookies and went back inside and yelled, "OKAY SEAN CLOSE YOUR EYES!" He yelled back, "OKAY, THEY ARE CLOSED!" I walked up to him and set the cookie on the counter in front of him and said, "Okay, open your eyes." He opened his eyes and started reading the cookie:

He looked up at me with a goofy smile, got up, grabbed me, and kissed me

He looked up at me with a goofy smile, got up, grabbed me, and kissed me. He then let me go and said, "I'm going to be a dad for the third time?" I nodded and said, "Yup! I confirmed it yesterday and Patrick and I made the cookie this morning." 

"Wait, why was Patrick not at school?" I sigh and said, "People were giving him crap for mine and yours relationships. But we resolved the problem and he isn't going to miss anymore school." Sean nodded and said, "So, how much longer until we can tell people and know the gender?" I laughed and said, "You have two kids shouldn't you know? Just kidding, uhm like 8 weeks." He nodded and we made dinner and ate it, then went to sleep.