Six Months Later

Sean's p.o.v.

I was currently on duty, but I was on a break and I decided to go to a jewelry store and look what kind of engagement rings they have. The last 2 months I have been thinking about asking Nicole to marry me. While I was there I found this awesome ring:

So I bought and I think that I'm going to barbecue burgers for Nicole and I at home and ask her to marry me in our backyard tonight

-skip to 6pm*

I just got home from working and I told Nicole not to cook or order anything for dinner because I wanted to grill burgers. I walked through the door and was greeted by Nicole singing along to Lizzo in the kitchen. " You coulda had a bad bitch, non-committal, Help you with your career just a little..." Nicole stopped singing as she turned and saw me. I smiled and said, "Oh you a bad bitch?" Nicole laughed, kissed me, and said, "Yep you know it and I could of helped you with your career." We both laughed and I went to get changed out of my uniform.

I walked back into the kitchen grabbed the hamburger and went outside to cook them. While I was flipping the burgers Nicole came out with plates, napkins, condiments, and beer. I cat called her and she spun around and said, "You like what you see?" I nodded and she walked over to me and said, "Are the burgers almost done?" I nodded yes and then took them off the grill and put them on a plate. 

We walked over to the table and started to eat. Once we were done we just sat there talking about life and how we made it this far and that was my chance to propose to her. When she wasn't looking I got down on one knee and waited for her to turn back around. Once she turned around she gasped and I say, "Nicole Elizabeth Dupler, I know we have a lot of years between us and I have two kids, but would you do me the honor and marry me?" She smiled big and yelled, "Fuck yeah! I will marry you, Sean!!" 

I got up and kissed her and she said, "Lets go tell my parents!" Nicole grabbed my hand and we left to her parents house. Once we got there we just walked through the front door and Nicole yells, "Dad, mo, where you at?!?!?" Josh and Ally came into the living room and Josh says, "What are you guys doing here?" Nicole walked over to them and put her left hand out to them and says, "Y'all I'm getting married to that handsome man over there!" 

Ally congratulated us and said that she is her for us if we need it. As for Josh he came over to me and said, "Lets go outside and talk." I nodded and looked at Nicole and mouthed 'If I'm not back in an hour come find me.'  Nicole laughs and I walk outside with Josh.

Once outside, Josh pushes me and yells, "WHAT THE HELL MAN!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST DATING NOTHING SERIOUS?!?" I look at him and yell back, "WHERE DID THAT IDEA COME FROM?" Before he could answer Nicole and Ally come running out and Nicole gets between us and yells, "WHAT THE ARE YOU GUYS YELLING ABOUT?" Josh comes towards her and I grab her and Josh says, "I thought you guys were just dating and then going to break up after a few weeks or months of dating. I didn't think that he was going to be stupid and propose to you." 

Nicole's p.o.v.

I look at my dad and say, "What? Dad we love each other and would do anything for each other. Why would you think that we wouldn't move on to the next step?" Sean lets go of me and my dad says, "Well I didn't think you would ever get married because of what happened between your mom and I. Also, there are a few years between you guys." I stepped back and started to cry and say, "Well both you and mom and married to new people and you guys are happy. Why can't I be happy with whoever I chose to be happy with. Not who you want me to be with?" 

With that I grabbed Sean's hand and walk back to his car and we get in. I continue to ball my eyes out and I tell Sean to just drive home.

Once we get home, I walk into the house and into Sean and I's room and just lay on the bed and cry myself to sleep. An hour later I wake up and walk to living room and see Sean sitting on the couch watching tv. I walk over to him and sit and cuddle up to him. Sean speaks up and says, "I want you to know that I really love you and this is something that I want." I look up at him and kiss him and say, "Why don't we just go get married right now?" 

Sean sits up and says, "Are you sure? If that's what you want I will do it. We just need someone who is 18 years older to be our witness," I smile and before I can speak the door opens and in walks Lyssa. I smiled bigger this time and say, "I found our witness!!!" Lyssa looks at us confused and says, "What are you talking about?" Sean stands up and says, "We are getting married today and we want you to be the witness. What do you say?" Lyssa squeals and says, "Yes I would love to. Lets go bitches!!!"

*skip to getting drinks after getting married*

Sean, Lyssa, and I are out at a bar celebrating, Sean and I's marriage. We were sitting at a booth drink huckleberry lemonade's when my dad and stepmom walk in. I snap my head to Sean and say, "My parents are here." Sean looks over to the door and turned back and says, "They are headed this way. Are we going to tell them that we are married?" I nodded and say, "Let's see how my dad acts to seeing us."

My parents get to our table and my dad asks, "Can we join you guys?" I nodded and my dad sits across from me. It was silent for a minute then my dad says, "Baby girl I am sorry about early and I want you to be happy with whoever you pick." I smile and Ally asks, "So, whens the big day?" Sean chokes on his drink and I say, "Dad you might get mad when I tell you this, but please try and not to." My dad shifts in his seat, nodded and I say, "Well, Sean and I just got married about half an hour ago."

My dad smiled and said, "I told you that I would be happy when you got married and its true. I don't care that you got married the same day you got engaged or if it is five years from now." I smile and we continued to celebrate!