Dad Didn't Listen

Josh's p.o.v.

It was the end of my shift and I was heading to my car when I saw Brad leaving to. My daughter's words played through my head, Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Leave it alone. I said screw it and yelled, "Hey Brad!" He turned around and said, "What up man?" I looked at him pissed and said, "What the hell did you say to my daughter?" He laughed and said, "Oh nothing she can't handle." I pushed him up against his car and said, "And you lied about what really happened." Brad kept laughing and said, "Well if she kept her pretty little mouth shut and did what I told her to do she wouldn't be suspended." I had enough and punched him. He punched me back and we were just going at it when someone pulled me off of him. I looked back to see that it was Sticks and said, "Why did you do that?" He looked at Brad then at me and said, "Because boss man is coming and your going to get yourself suspended or worse fired and is this what Nikki wants?" Ken came out just as Brad tackled me down to the ground. Ken came over and took Brad off me and said, "Brad don't come back to work for two weeks!" I got up and looked at Sticks and said, "I know man. Please don't mention this to her." He shrugged and said, "If she ask what happened I'm telling her the truth." I nodded and Ken said, "Josh what in the hell was that about?" I looked over to him and said, "I told him not to talk to my daughter again." He was about to say something, but I interrupted him by saying, "You should have listened to my daughters side of the story!" I walked away less pissed and got in my car and drove home.

*skip drive home*
I got out of my car and walked into the house not saying anything to anyone and went to take a shower. Once I was done I came back downstairs and into the kitchen where sat my wife and Sticks. "What are you doing here man?" I asked. Sticks looked over and said, "I came to make sure that you were okay." I nodded and said, "Yeah, its just a bunch of bs." As I was done saying that in walked Nicole.

Nicole's p.o.v.
I walked into the kitchen just as I heard my dad say something about bs so I asked, "What's bs?" I looked at Sticks and mom, they didn't say anything. I looked at my dad and he was about to talk when I saw his face and said, "What the fuck happened to you?!?" Dad waited a minute and said, "Watch your language when your brothers are here and nothing happened  sweetheart. Just a bad guy got me good." I looked at him then Sticks and said, "I call bullshit. Sticks what happened to him?" He looked over at my dad with a sorry look and said, "Your dad decided to pick a fight with Brad." I looked back at my dad disappointed and said, "Why? I asked you not to say or do anything to him. I'm a big girl I don't need your help!" I stormed out off the house and started walking. To where I have no clue, but a couple blocks down Sticks pulls up next to me and said, "Get your ass in my car now." I listen and get in and I tell him, "I don't want to go back to my dads." Sticks nodded and said, "Okay that's fine, but I'm taking you to my house." I nodded in agreement and we drove to his house.

*skip drive to Sticks' house*

I stayed silent the whole drive to Sticks' house. Once we got inside he looked at me and said, "Hey, Nikki you want to know the whole story?" I shook my head no and walked to his room and laid down on his bed. A few minutes later Sean came in and sat by me. I turned so I was looking at him and said, "My dad said he wasn't going to do anything and what does he do attacks Brad." He grabbed my hand and said, "I get where your dad is coming from. Someone did a horrible thing to his only daughter and he couldn't just sit back and let it go." I thought for a second and said, "I guess your right." Then I kissed Sean and he leaned us back onto the bed and we started making out, which lasted for a while before I pushed him off and said, "I don't want to go any further." We both sat up and he said, "That's totally fine. If I ever go to far feel free to push me or hit me and tell me to stop." I laughed and kissed him on the cheek and asked, "What should we have for dinner?" We got up and walked to the living room and Sticks was going to say something when the front door opened and revealed Alyssa. "OH MY GOD! Lyssa, what are you doing here?" She smiled and we hugged, she said, "I wasn't having fun and I wanted to apologize to dad." Sean came up and gave her a hug and said, "Hey princess. Nicole is going to be staying with us tonight. She got into a fight with Josh." Lyssa laughed and said, "About what? You never do anything wrong." I giggled and said, "It wasn't me it was my dad that did something. Come on I'll tell you all about it." We left Sean and went to Alyssa's room and sat on her bed and I told her what she all missed.

Sticks' p.o.v.

I sat in the kitchen at the counter and just thought, If Alyssa had come home a few minutes before she  originally did she would have caught us making out and that would have been bad. My phone buzzed which took me out of my thoughts and I looked to see a message from Josh:

J: "Hey did you find Nicole?"

Me: "Yeah man she's going to stay the night."

J: "Okay thanks man. Can you tell her I'm sorry."

Me: "Yeah, but I think she forgives you because you were just protecting your only daughter."

J: "Okay, have a good night."

That was the end of our conversation. So I walked up to Alyssa's room and knocked. I heard a come in. So I opened the door and sitting on the bed were the girls. "Hey Nicole your dad said he was sorry for what he did." She looked up and said, "Okay. We were thinking of having burgers for dinner. Are you okay with that?" I nodded and said, "Yeah, I'll go heat the barbecue up." With that I left.

*few hours later*

We finished our burgers and got in the pool and swam for a little bit and now we were all heading to bed. We all said good night and headed our separate ways. This time Nikki went with Alyssa and not me.