Seven

"Thanks again for watching her," I said to Melody as Sam and I stood by the door. Melody was holding Raina who looked rather sleepy.

"It's no problem, I love watching her," she smiled. I gave a soft yet sad smile. I wasn't used to leaving her--especially for a whole night. The only time I ever left her was when I had to go to work and she stayed with a babysitter, other than that she was always with me. I gave her one last kiss on the cheek. We said goodbye to Melody and I walked slowly out of the apartment complex to the car. Sam opened the door for me and I climbed into the passenger seat.

"Can I just say you look amazing?" He smirked as he slid into the drivers seat. "You just look so...wow." I felt myself blush. I did feel quite presentable--I had slipped on a simple white dress, covered it with a dusty pink cardigan, and black heels. My hair was curled and my makeup was done, and my skin was spritzed with sweet perfume. I smiled and looked down. I felt nice, but I didn't feel how Sam was making me out to be. He looked ravishing however with black dress pants and a white dress shirt. He had told me he was taking me out for dinner at a nice restaurant and out for a couple other things, and we had both dressed up specially for the occasion. "Babe...you look beautiful, believe me," he tilted my chin up with his finger so I was now facing him. His eyes seemed so sincere and no one had ever looked at me in that way. We were still sitting in the car that had been unmoved in front of the apartment building. I looked up at it sadly already missing my little one. It was going to be my first night away from her.

"Can't we just bring her with us?" I asked still looking out of the window. I heard him chuckle and he placed his hand on my arm. I turned to face him and I frowned. "I'm not used to being away from her, I feel like I'm just walking out..."

"Baylor..." he sighed. "It's just one night and it will be good for the both of you. You're not walking out, we'll pick her up first thing in the morning. Just relax and we'll go out for a nice dinner, and it will be just the two of us. Later on if we have to then we can pick her up, but Melody loves her and Raina was already almost asleep. I'm sure she won't give her any problems." He was right, what was the worst that could happen? I nodded and he kissed my cheek softly.

"Okay," I gulped. He started the car and waited for the traffic to clear so he could get out onto the road. We rode silently to the restaurant, the only noise being the soft music from the radio. My hand was in his and he had a small smile toying on his lips the entire time. He was so perfect and amazing in practically every aspect. How did I ever get this lucky? Alex had convinced me that I was nothing and he left me like I was garbage. He never even said goodbye and he walked out on our--no my daughter. The thought of him wanting to see her angered me, I was no longer afraid. He knew that I was growing more and more happy each time I spoke to Sam. He picked up on that happiness and he wanted to ruin it for me, just like he always did when we were together. I couldn't meet him at that restaurant. I knew I couldn't put my daughter through any of that, I couldn't let him be apart of her life. What if he broke her down like he did me? I would never let that happen, I would never let him hurt my little girl.

"Hey, we're here," Sam said poking my shoulder. He snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked.

"We're here," he opened the car door for me and helped me out. He twirled me around causing me to giggle and he planted a soft kiss on my lips. "God, you're beautiful," he grabbed my hand and we walked into the restaurant. I felt like I was worth something next to him, and with my hand in his I felt like someone really could care for me.

"Do you have a reservation?" The man who stood at the podium asked. I felt underdressed in the restaurant since every one else was in either a suit or a fancy dress. Sam nodded.