Three

I felt my phone vibrating underneath of me. I heard a muffled sound and I groaned before I sat up and grabbed my phone. I didn't look at who the caller was when I answered and I sounded half asleep when I answered. "Hello?"

"Did I wake you up?" I heard a familiar voice on the other line. "I'm in the elevator now."

"Wait," I rubbed my eyes and looked at the ID on the screen. "Sam...you're here?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure I could get in...sorry for waking you up."

"No, it's okay," I laughed it off. "I'll see you then." The call ended and I jumped up and unlocked the door. I quickly ran into the bathroom and fixed my hair and made sure my breath wasn't terrible. I decided to do a quick rinse with mouthwash. I was in the midst of it and heard a knock at the door. I quickly spat in the sink, wiped off my mouth and rushed down the hallway into the living room. I took a deep breath before flipping the light on and opening the door.

He greeted me with a tight hug and I giggled softly. "God, I've missed you," he kissed my cheek and we seperated from our embrace.

"I've missed you too," I smiled. "Here bring your bag back to my room and then you can see the baby." He nodded and I led him to the end of the hallway where my bedroom was. He sat his bag down and we crept carefully into Raina's room. There was just enough light from the outside streetlamps to illuminate her tiny face. "She's a lot bigger than the last time you got to see her in person," I whispered softly. He stared at her in awe and then looked at me.

"She's beautiful," he pulled me closer to him and we stood there for a few just watching her closely. Her small chest would rise and fall with every breath, and she would kick her legs every so often. She cooed in her sleep as well and I could see the grin Sam was wearing. "We should probably let her sleep," he whispered and I nodded. "You can go back to sleep if you want," he chuckled as I sat down on the couch. I shook my head and he sat down beside me. "You look really cute right now," he referred to me while I was cozied up under the blanket still half asleep.

"There's no way," I shook my head.

"You do," he scooted closer to me and gently tugged at my arm to signal me to move closer to him. I did and he wrapped his arm around me. "I still can't believe that I'm here with you," he whispered against my ear. It sent chills down my spine and I nuzzled my head into his neck. I felt safe with his arm around me, and I felt comfortable being next to him. His cologne smelled sweet on his skin, and his body was warm making the scent stronger. I closed my eyes for a few brief seconds and I felt his chin on my head. "Go lay down babe, I know you're tired."

"I need to stay up a little longer, she always wakes up around this time," I mumbled tiredly. I heard him chuckle and he started to rub my back. "No you'll make me go to sleep if you keep doing that," I whined. His hands were soft against the thin fabric of my shirt. His fingers grazed up and down my back causing my skin to erupt in goosebumps. He continued to rub my back and I let out a sigh of satisfaction. We laid there quietly, the only sound was our steady breathing. Just as I began to fall asleep, I heard a soft whimper. I sat up and waited as the few whimpers turned into sobs. "Someone's hungry," I sat up and stretched my arms and let out a yawn.

"Can I go get her?" He asked eagerly.

"Yeah," I smiled. He walked towards her room and made my way into the kitchen. I turned on the dim light above the stove and grabbed a baby bottle and began to prepare it. I reached for the formula and I heard her sobs stop. Sam came walking into the kitchen holding her as if she were a precious gem. She stared up at him and he played with her little fingers and smiled down at her. I smiled to myself and finished preparing the bottle. "Do you want to feed her?"