I love you • JJ

1128 word count

Y/n's P.O.V

JJ and I have been dating for around six months. I was completely and utterly in love with him, but we both haven't admitted it yet.

He was always there for me and the first one i'd go to for anything.

Today we we're going to go on the boat with the rest of our friends. "Let's go" I hear Pope call out to us. We all get up and go inside.

"We are going to go pick up Kiara" John B says as I nod.

"Whatcha got?" I ask her smiling as I offer her my hand so she can get in. "Oh you know just some
juice boxes and carrots" she says sarcastically.

As she gets in JJ opens the cooler grabbing a few beers and passing them around. "Thanks" I say sweetly. He moves from his original spot on the side of the boat and to the front with me.

"Hey baby" he says wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Hey you" I said leaning into him.

"Let me show you guys a party trick?" JJ said getting up to the very front of the boat. "Pope can you go a little faster?" he asks.

"Here we go i'm movin" he responds making the boat gain speed. He begins to let the speed of the boat move the beer into his mouth while holding it up.

"You're getting beer in my hair" I tell him
trying to move my face. "All right, stop" Kiara says. "You're done" Pope says laughing.

The motor rattles and sends everyone flying. JJ flew off the boat and I landed crashing next to Kiara bumping my head on the floor.

"Jesus, Pope" I tell him slowly getting up. "Y/n you alright?" John B said helping me up. "Just got a concussion no big deal" I say rolling my eyes as I rub my head.

"You okay, JJ?" I ask leaning over to look at him. "I think the heels touched the back of my head" he said as his voice cracked.

"Sandbar. Channel changed" Pope said apologizing quickly. "No shit" JJ said. Pope then leaned over the boat.

"Guys" he said seriously. "I think there's a boat down there" he pointed. "No way" I scoff laughing moving to where he was as my eyes go wide.

"Woah" I said. "Let's go" Kiara said. I quickly take off my shirt revealing my bathing suit.

"You think there's a dead body down there?" I ask as we all jump in. We all swim to the bottom to get a closer look. We touched the rim getting a quick look inside as we swim to the top gasping for air.

"Did you guys see that?" I ask excited. "Yeah, I did" Kiara said smiling. We all start getting excited as we swam back to the boat.

"A new one of those is like 500 Gs, easy!" JJ says as we all get back on. "Yeah, that's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge" "You surfed the surge" Kiara asked JB.

"That's my boy! Pogue Style!" JJ says fiat bumping John B. "Do we know who's boat that is?" Pope asks looking at us.

"No but we're about to find out" I say smirking.

"It's too deep y/n" JJ tells me. "Only for the week and feeble, babe" I tell him smiling.

"Well i'm not resuscitating you. I'm just making that clear up front" Kiara says. "That's fine" I say rolling my eyes as I grab the anchor.

Out of all of us I was the best swimmer and could maybe hold my breath the longest. "Y/n" JJ says seriously. "What" I laugh at him. "Diver down, fool" Pope says saluting me.

"Diver down" I respond quickly before jumping in. I let the anchor weight bring me down till I reached the boat.

I let go and swam inside looking for anything I could find. I saw a key in the ignition and pulled it out. I felt my lungs burn with the need for air so I started swimming away from the boat. I felt a tug and it pulled me back. My bikini top was stuck on the metal of the boat and it wasn't letting me get back up.

******
"Should we go get her?" Pope asks looking in the water. "It's y/n she is the best swimmer out of all of us. She's fine." John B said.

A few more minutes passed and she didn't rise up.
*****

I tried letting out sounds so the group could hear that I couldn't her back up. The I tried to undo my top or figure out a way to get back up but it was impossible. The need for air grew so big I felt my eyes start to close.

*****
Three minutes had passed. "We have to go get her" Pope yelled looking down. Without a second thought JJ jumped in swimming to the bottom. He saw y/n stuck on the metal and her body limp.

He quickly got her moving the metal and brought her up. "She was drowning guys" JJ yelled passing y/n to the guys on top. "Omg! Guys" Kiara said freaking out trying to do cpr. "Come on y/n" John B said as his voice cracked. "Stay with us y/n"
Pope said praying.

"What do we do!?!" JJ yelled at the others. Y/n then started to cough up water.
*****
I started coughing up water and opened my eyes. "Never do that again y/n" Kiara said hugging me tightly as I just laughed.

"I'm fine" I told them. They all pulled me into a group hug. "I found this" I said tossing the key to
John B as the group squealed excitedly with the new found object. "We could have lost you. I could have lost you." JJ tells me with a tear falling down his face.

I wiped it away cupping his cheek in my hand. "You didn't" I say reassuring him. "I love you" he said softly. I could hear the group silently gasp as Kiara pulled them away leaving JJ and I alone.

"You mean it" I says adoringly. "Of course! I knew I loved you when I finally found someone that made it so hard to say goodbye." He said softly. "You just proved it" he added laughing lightly.

"I love you too JJ, more than you could ever imagine" I say giving him a hug. "I love you more" he said pecking my lips.

With that a long argument started between the two as they tried to decide who loved the other more.

Hope you guys enjoyed one! Please vote and comment it means a lot! Love you!🤍