Just friends... • Rafe (2)

This was credits to @seasaltcentineo for the idea

(Kinda short wc:782)
Y/n's P.O.V

It had been a few weeks since I confessed my feelings to Rafe. I hadn't seen him since. In fact, I rarely left my house.

I got calls and text messages non stop from Sarah and Rafe. I didn't want to leave until I knew I was okay.

So when Sarah invited me out to the beach I decided to say yes. I knew Rafe was gonna go but I was fine with it surprisingly.

I wanted to show them that I was fine with it and I was happy.

"Hey guys" I said smiling at the group as I got in the car to go to the beach.

"Hey y/n" Topper said smiling at me. "I missed you loser" Sarah said hugging me. From the corner of my eye I could see Rafe eyeing me through the mirror of the car.

Rafe's P.O.V

Ever since the big fight me and y/n had...I've been thinking. A lot. I started to notice little things about her. The way her eyes lit up when you mentioned something she loved.

The way her lips curled into a smile when she was happy. I missed her and I was glad she was back. Although, it wasn't the same.

Y/n's P.O.V

"Last one into the water has to drive home" I yell as we all starts running to the crashing waves. I looked at Rafe to see that he was falling behind.

"You're out of shape loser" I yelled at him smiling. He shook his head trying to catch up. I felt the water rush into me.

It was so calming. I was trying to catch my breath as I giggled. "That was all the exercise i'll be doing for a while" Sarah said with her hands on her knees.

"It wasn't that bad" I tell them as they all look at me like I was crazy. "Sorry miss track star" Rafe say hitting my shoulder.

We were back to being bestfriends as if the fight never happened.

Rafe's P.O.V

We were back to the bestfriends we once were. I knew I should be happy about that but I wasn't. It's like I wanted more.

I couldn't tell her that now. I realized my feelings after she got over me and I kicked myself over it.

Y/n's P.O.V

I walked back to shore falling onto the soft warm sand. I looked at the three of them playing in the water as I smiled widely.

I missed this...I missed my friends.

"Hey" Rafe said running back to the shore. "What's up?" I said tossing him a towel.

"Long time no see" he says sitting down next to me. "Whatever, if you consider 2 weeks a long time" I said putting my sunglasses on.

"I missed you y/n" he whispered but loud enough so I could hear. "Missed you too dude" I tell him letting out a quick laugh.

"No" he said briefly. "Huh" I said looking at him as I raised my glasses from my eyes.

"I don't want to be just "dude" to you" he said forming quotation marks with his fingers as he said dude. "What do you mean?" I asked sitting up.

"I was stupid for not realizing my feelings for you earlier and I know you probably already got over me and i-" Rafe started but I cut him off by placing my lips over his.

We both pulled away as I let my head rest touching his. "I don't want you to be just a dude to me Rafe" "Y/n would you be my girlfriend?" he asks looking into my eyes.

"Of course" I said as he leaned in again. "I like doing this" He says with his hand on my cheek. "Oh really?" I said smirking as I got up and ran into the water.

"Y/n...." I heard him yell my name in annoyance as I just laughed.

Sometimes happy endings do exist.

Hope you enjoyed this part two of "Just friends"! Comment and vote it means a lot:)) We hit 2k reads!!!! That's insane ly💕😭