Why is it always about John B • Kiara

1190 word count
Warning: slight abuse by y/n's dad
(pretend Pope doesn't have a scholarship but y/n does)

Y/n's P.O.V

"What now? We just go up to the front door and ask, Hey have you seen John B?" JJ says. "Look, he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible. We can play dumb." Kie says looking at the house.

"Play dumb?" I ask looking at my girlfriend dumbly. "It's pretty late" Pope adds. "Look, I've never seen John B like that. We should honestly be going to the cops." She says glaring at Pope.

"Thes cops.....yeah, and say what, Kie?" JJ answer back. "We're worried about our friend because he's on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John!?!" He says. "They're not gonna believe us!" I yell.

"Hey, I see Ward" Pope says interrupting us. "Let me see" I ask Pope as he hands me the binoculars. "Doesn't look dead to me. Let's go home." I say walking up to the front of the boat.

"Wait, what?" Kie asks looking at me. "Uh...okay. Obviously, Mr.Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here he isn't now, okay? Plus I have the biggest most important moment of my life in six hours." I tell them.

"Yeah, well, our friend is in trouble." Kie tells me. "I'm in trouble" I yell back at her. "Guy I haven't been home in three days. My mom's probably thrown all my shit on the street by now" I say going to the wheel.

"Okay, so that's it? In a time of need, you're just gonna bail? You're just gonna walk away" Kie yells. "Okay, yo, guys" JJ starts. "Can we not do this right now?" Pope says looking at us.

"Hey, I have a scholarship interview in the morning.I can't-" I say. Kie interrupts me, "Okay, well, what about John B?" She yells glaring at me.

"Why is it always about John B?" I yell frustrated tears falling out of my eyes. It hurt that my own girlfriend was worried about her other friend when I had the most important moment of my life coming up in a few hours.

"Fuck" Pope whispers as JJ sighs. "It's not always about John B. You're so stupid. It would be any of you in this situation" Kie says not meeting my eyes.

"Oh, bullshit!" I yell. "Guys-" JJ starts. "This is about friendship!" Kie says. "Bring it down" Pope says. "Look, this is about Pogues for life." Kie says looking at all of us.

"What about behavioral analysis, huh?" I ask her. "behavioral analysis" she yells confused obviously stressed. If it was any other situation I would have comforted her. But no this was my life. And it seemed as if she didn't care. The only thing she cared about was John B.

"It's my life. Everything I've worked for." I cry out. "That's your priority?" she yells looking at me. "Stop the moral high ground bullshit" I yell at her as she walks over to me.

"Y/n, come on" Pope says. "No!" I yell. "Excuse me?" She asks. "No, No. She has no room to talk." I tell him. "Y/n" JJ whispers.

"Where were you when Big John went missing? You weren't there. You weren't there for John B. You weren't there for any of us. Remember your Kook year?" I tell her. "Dude" JJ says.

"You forgot about us. When my brother passed away, you didn't give a care in the world about me. You would rather go hang out with your Kook friends and get drunk" I yell at her with tears streaming down my face.

"You weren't there when we needed you. You weren't there when your girlfriend needed you. You weren't there when I needed you." I say wiping my tears away.

"Now you feel guilty" I say scoffing as I look at her. "Give me a break" She yells pushing me . "Oh is that what you need" I say yelling at her pushing her back starting a fight. We both pushed eachother over and over harshly until the boys pulled us apart.