C H A P T E R TWENTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, M. There's so many similarities that it's hard not to." I raised back up and watched her watch me with nonjudgmental eyes and that was a main reason she was my best friend. No matter how stupid I could be, she never judged me for it. "I mean, they both dance so damn good, both are fashion forward and own clothing lines, both smooth as fuck, the tattoos, bright ass smile." I groaned and dropped my head into my hands. "It's like I subconsciously choose my niggas based on his ass."

She was silent for a moment while letting it sink in. I've been feeling this way for a moment now but it all grew when I found those nudes in her phone. It was identical to something he would do. Difference is that he would flip it and make it seem as if I was crazy and then swoon his way back into my heart. And I was always so damn succumbing to his charms.. the same way I am about Y/n.

It was a way she carried herself that was so close in resemblance to Chris. The charisma and confidence that was borderline cocky but never to me, only to other people. It was scary because I didn't want to see him in her.. and I wasn't sure how I could stop.

"Remember when you found that dancer leaving her hotel room?" I nodded softly as she continued. "I had your back of course but when we got to the room, what did I tell you?"

I rolled my eyes and huffed. "You said that you don't think she would do that after letting me in." She nodded me to continue. "And you were right.. or whatever."

"Mhm, and the same thing with those pictures. You know damn well he wouldn't have let you hit and spit in his face. He didn't even let you grab his phone without popping off. Is that comparable?" I slowly shook me head, knowing that was true as fuck. Y/n really could've rocked my ass with that first push.. but she didn't. "Your problem Rob isn't that you compare them." I looked back and saw her nonchalantly taking a hit while reading me like a book. "It's that you still haven't let him go."

I dropped back on my hands again and shook my head. "I.." She looked at me and shrugged with no other words needing to be spoken, and she knew it. She was right. I forgave Chris for his actions and we were even cordial but he was my first real love. That doesn't die but.. I had to completely let him go so I could be happy with Y/n, I owed her that. She was trying for me so.. I should be able to do the same. She deserved it.

"Babe?" I raised my head and smiled softly at Y/n who stood in the doorway with a blanket draped over her bare shoulders, her hands in the front of her sweats as she shivered cutely. A small yawn left her lips and she sniffed, stepping forward. "It's cold out here, do you want me to get you a jacket?"

I glanced at Melissa and she gave me a knowing look before looking away. I looked back at my baby and shook my head. "No thank you. I'm coming in right now."

"Okay." She mumbled before smiling at my best friend. "You need anything Mel?"

"No thanks." She gave us both another smile before shuffling back into the house. "Do I need to say anything else, Robyn; because.."

I shook my head and grabbed my glass to gulp it down while pushing myself up. "Nope." I moved to her side and pressed a kiss to her head while hugging her shoulder. "Thank you best friend. Now lemme go love this cute ass nigga." She chuckled but smacked her lips when I snagged the blunt from her fingers. "It's my house bitch." I said after taking a hit and handing it back.

"What's mine is yours bitch." She retorted and I raised my middle finger at her before walking back into the house.

After putting the glass into the sink, I walked into my bedroom and saw Y/n sitting on the edge of the bed, staring down looking tired as hell. "You okay?" I asked and she looked up, her face lighting up. "Were you waiting for me?" She nodded and I felt the familiar butterflies seep through my body. So damn cute. "We need to talk."