Chapter 4~ That's a Little Awkward...

Amelia's POV

  We got off the train and went to the carriages. It was rainy like it always seemed to be when we arrived at Hogwarts, luckily we knew more magic than we did the previous years so we quickly put a water repellent spell on ourselves.

  Once we got to the carriages we saw other students such as Paisley Parkinson big whoop. She kept glancing over at Abraxas but he wouldn't give her the time of day, come to think of it I'm not really sure why they even broke up in the first place all I know is that he broke up with her and is definitely taking it easier than Parkinson.

Anyways, we sat down but Malfoy went to go sit with Auroras brother and his friends, mind you I'm thrilled because I despise him with every fibre in my body.

"Can you believe we are actually starting our sixth year?!"
I glance over at Rora and smile at her because she's always so hyper and having a hyper person as your best friend is always interesting so I just nod my head and laugh when I feel necessary because no offence but I don't feel like paying attention. In my defence she does this every year and everyone else does it as well so it's not like I'm the only one!

  What after feels like hours we finally make it to the castle. It's simply beautiful, the architecture is amazing and it has this sense of warmth to who ever comes. Hogwarts is my home and it's a shame we will be leaving in two years...

  3rd person POV

  Amelia was snapped out of her daydream by Tom Riddle himself clearing his throat, he was looking at her expectantly and said, "Are you just going to stay there or are you actually coming inside?"

  Heat rushed up Amelia's face and she swore she probably looked like a tomato, deja vu much?

  "Sorry I was just thinking about..." he looked at her with a bored expression, "Something you're clearly not interested in... let's just go!"

  Rora, Ella and Walburga already left with Cygnus and Orion, traitors...

  "Your middle name is Merope correct?" Amelia jumped 6 feet in the air (6cm...) and turned to him but he was looking forwards and kept waking towards the front doors with some other students.

  "Uh yes?"

  "You don't sound to sure. Forgive me but where does it come from? Family name?"

  She glanced over at him again with a quizzical expression but replied, "I'm sorry Tom but I couldn't tell you, my mother only told me that my father insisted on the name, something to do with a tradition maybe... I've never really asked more about it."

  "So you mean to tell me that you never wondered why you were named how you were?"

  "No... you?"

  Now things were just getting insanely awkward maybe not for Tom,  just because he has the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have! In fact I'd say I have the emotional range of a very large dragon on a bad day.

  Tom just gave her one last glance and walked off without another word.

  "The audacity"

  Amelia mumbles underneath her breath.

  "Talking to yourself again Gaunt?"

  Not again she thought. "I have nothing to say to you Malfoy now continue on and act like you don't know me please!"

  He just snickered and they were soon walking in sync. 'Is it just me or has the walk to the great hall lengthened?' She thought to herself.

  "I saw you talking with Riddle is there something going on...?"

  If Amelia wasn't a tomato before she mist certainly was now, her mouth flew open and just as they were about to open the doors to the great hall she said, "Unlike you Malfoy I don't go around snogging every person I talk to!" She stormed off into the great hall but not before hearing, "I haven't snogged you?"

  To which he received a glare, this was going to be one long year...

Words: 748

A/N
I'm so sorry I haven't been uploading recently and I'm gonna try to upload at least once a week because I know how frustrating it is when you are reading a book but have to wait for an upload so yeah... I'm also sorry there are way less words I didn't feel the need to write 2000 words on them just walking so... Hope you enjoyed!