Chapter 3~ Hogwarts Express Flashback

Once we finished changing into our robes we went back to the compartment as Hogwarts came into view. It's crazy I remember when I first went on the Hogwarts express it was a magical journey and the magic still remains.

Flashback

"Ok Amelia I want you to be good now and stay with Abraxas, ok? Aww you're getting so big" her mom gave her a huge hug. "Amelia remember stay away from anyone less than you and remember your manners" Morfin told her. Amelia's dad was still with them at this point and little did she know that this was her last time seeing him. "Yes father" Amelia was told all sorts of rules but then the whistle blew for the Hogwarts express and she was forced to go onto the train. She bid her parents goodbye and was off.

She walked through the train looking for an empty compartment when she found one. Amelia had no idea where her best friend Abraxas was but decided that he would find her. Eventually he did find her so he sat down next to her, "sorry I'm late Melia my mother wouldn't stop fussing over me." Amelia giggled and gave him a big hug which he returned but they broke apart after a few seconds.

They were talking about Hogwarts and what house they wanted to be sorted into even though they've spent years talking about it, "I'd think I'd rather die than be sorted into Gryffindor!" "Wow Abraxas real dramatic but I must agree with you, no one in my family for generations except my mother went to Hogwarts but she was sorted into Slytherin so I'm gonna obviously be a Slytherin."

That discussion went on for a while until three people knocked on the door, Theodore Nott, Antonin Dolohov and Evan Rosier. Amelia didn't really know them really well besides the fact that they hang out with Abraxas and are Purebloods. "Abraxas what are you doing sitting with her?! Your parents aren't here so don't even try to use that excuse, you don't want to sit with a girl!" Antonin blurted out. Amelia would be lying if she said that didn't hurt her feelings but she knew Abraxas would stay right? "Umm I don't know she's my friend..." Amelia was happy he said that at least. "Abraxas she's a girl and you're not gonna be cool if you hang out with her!" Evan Rosier was being a jerk, did he really just say that to her?! Abraxas looked down at the ground and stood up. "No..." Amelia was in shock one of the boys said something but couldn't comprehend it. She felt betrayed by her best friend when she did look up they were gone.

Amelia felt a tear slowly make its way down her cheek, he left her, that may've sounded dramatic to someone else but it's always been her and Abraxas he didn't even try to stand up for her he just left. At this point a bunch of tears were streaming down her face but she wouldn't pull a face she just let them fall her father always told her crying was a weakness and you shouldn't cry. She was so focused on not trying to pull a face she didn't here someone walk in. "Oh my gosh are you alright it!?" Amelia turned her head so fast and then she realized who it was, Aurora Nott, Theodores twin sister. "Are you gonna call me uncool as well?" Aurora gave her a confused expression then it was like something clicked. "Oh so we're talking about my idiotic brother?" Amelia let out a small giggle and said yes.

  They found out that they got along surprisingly well. They both wanted to be sorted into Slytherin like they're family, they were both raised to be perfect nothing less and their parents practically obliged by the same rules. After talking with Aurora for what felt like an hour they saw Hogwarts come into view, they ended up talking for the whole ride. They got changed into their robes and the train came to a stop. They got off the train and stared at the magical view in front of them, it was possibly the most magical sight she's ever seen. They got into boats after a Professor told them to get in, the boats moved by themselves which was amazing.

  An old hat which Amelia realized was the sorting hat sang a song which was truly weird because last she checked hats don't sing nor talk for that matter. A teacher led them into the great hall and they were told about each house. Then the professor started calling names. Amelia found out that his name was Dumbledore. He called a few names and then it was her turn.

  "Gaunt Amelia"
  She walked up to the front, she felt everyone's eyes on her but she kept her head high. Just as the hat was about to go on her head it yelled,

  "SLYTHERIN!"

  She looked up in surprise that it sorted her that quickly, she shrugged it off as nothing and walked over to the Slytherin table. She wasn't paying attention for the rest of the sorting but then one name caught her attention.

  "Malfoy, Abraxas"

  She perked and watched, the hat sat down on his head an after maybe five seconds it yelled,

  "SLYTHERIN!"

  Amelia thought great now that they're in the same house they can be friends again but she was wrong, it was like she never existed and she felt hurt that the boy she use to call her best friend was so cold hearted every time she'd try to talk to him Dolohov or Avery would come and he said awful things to her, Nott would just stand there and watch but it didn't make it any better, she didn't know how much it was killing Abraxas to do this but he wanted to be accepted so he got rid of one of the most important people in his life.

Flashback Ends
(Amelia's POV)

  That wasn't only the last time Abraxas and I were friends but that last time I ever saw my father.

A/N
Words: 1126
Sorry this took awhile I'm trying to get a schedule worked out because I won't be able to post everyday so maybe like every 4 days but if I feel like it I might post earlier honestly who knows I'll try to post more consistently than my last book because that had an awful schedule there wasn't even one but oh well!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter I know it wasn't the greatest but I'm working on it and I'm working as a writer at the moment so yeah! Have a great day/night!