Chapter 19~ The Ball

It's been a few weeks now since Amelia ran into Tom in the girls lavatory, to say she was confused, was an understatement. However, Amelia didn't have time to ponder that as all Druella, Walburga and Aurora could talk about was the Halloween Ball that would take place in two days.

Amelia loved attending fancy dinner parties with her parents so she was excited. She loved the idea of dressing up in big fancy dresses and putting on tons of makeup, along with doing your hair.

Hogwarts never held these sort of parties but it was a nice change for Amelia considering all that's been going on. The past few weeks have been eventful, Tom started ignoring her, Abraxas and Paisley broke up, got back together again and she thinks they broke up again now, she didn't really know anymore. Ella and Cygnus are still as lovey dovey as always and Walburga and Orion have been growing fonder of each other as the weeks progress.

Aurora still hasn't found anyone, as far as Amelia knows, although she did see her and Tom studying together a few times. Amelia has rejected two people to the ball already, she only wanted to go with one person and he didn't seem like an option anymore.

  She'd normally have a date the second she heard of a party of some sort however, this year was different. Everyone was either in a relationship already or betrothed, Amelia would rather die than go with anyone her mother didn't approve of.

  She lost hope in finding a date to the ball and instead she decided she'd just study and try and get ahead in her classes. Her friends didn't want to leave her but she insisted. That is until her owl Athena flew to her the night of the ball. She was busy crying because teenage girls are emotional so she cried for a reason she couldn't remember.

  Her owl had a parcel and a letter for her, she opened the letter first and it read,

Dear Amelia,

  I hope you're doing well, it's quite lonely in this house alone and I do miss you dearly. However I got word that there would be a ball tonight and that you wouldn't be attending? My favourite child (Aurora) informed me.

  Of course Aurora informed her and of course she's the favourite even if she's not her actual daughter, she thought to herself.

  I can't have you not attend the ball you are still a teenager so act like one! Well maybe don't act like a teenager because I don't want to raise one of those- anyways I sent you a dress I hope you like it! It doesn't matter that you don't have a date at the moment you're still young, you don't need anyone to show that you're worth it I don't bring dates to party's so you shouldn't have to either, not yet at least. Have fun and tell me how it goes!

  XOXO Mother

Amelia quickly but carefully put the card back in the envelope and put it with all the other letters she gets in her trunk. She opened the package now which came in a black box. In the box were two more boxes, she opened the smallest first and there was beautiful diamond jewelry she had seen her mother wear before on special occasions. She pulled out a necklace, earrings and a bracelet.

  She set them aside on her bed and opened the next box, in it was a dark green ball gown. She was shocked that her mother did this for her, she looked over at the clock on the wall and saw it was already 7:30, everyone would've started leaving by now, hence why her friends left.

  After an hour of doing her makeup and hair, she got into her dress that fit perfectly, took one last look in the mirror and set off to the great hall. She was nervous since she was showing up late and told everyone she wasn't going.

  She was outside the doors that were wide open, it wasn't too late to turn back now, she didn't want to disappoint her mother so she stepped out of the hall and started walking down the steps that weren't there before, Headmaster Dippet must've used magic.

  The great hall was beautiful and she didn't regret coming, that is until people started to look at her decend the stairs. She was never really one to be shy but she suddenly felt her face grow warm. Her eyes automatically searched for one person, her eyes found them and their eyes locked and she felt her heart beating in her chest as she stared into those grey eyes.

A/N
Words: 833
I'm so sorry for not updating in forever I kept forgetting but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter I quite like it although it's kind of short. Don't forget to vote and comment I love reading your guys' comments!